Facial Hair Removal, Permanent, Dangerous, Damages?

I'm from the northern district of Africa and the reminiscent of a Spanish in terms of skin tone. I have a skin color that is between light and light brown if it is understandable. Has dark hair but not thick. l want to treat my beard, it's a good idea in terms of skin color and ethnicity? What do you think?

Laser Hair Removal for a dark beard

+2

It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for Laser Hair Removal. Dark hair and light skin are an ideal combination for hair removal. Choose an experienced practitioner who has experience with your skin type. You can expect to need treatments about once a month for several months. Good Luck.

Laser Hair Removal for Dark Skin?

+2

Hi Smile.  You are absolutely a candidate for laser hair removal.  If your skin is the same as a Spaniard, we would suggest a diode laser like the Lumenis Lightsheer.  If you have is darker like a Somali, then we would suggest a Nd:Yag laser like the Sciton profile.  Pick a practitioner experienced with your skin type.  Good luck.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Dark hair and light skin are good combinations for laser hair removal.

+2

Dark beard hair should respond well to laser hair removal. The lighter your skin color is the easier the process is but even light brown skin doesn't present a big problem. I recommend seeing an experienced dermatologist so that safe and effective treatment settings can be chosen. Light brown skin can potentially absorb too much light energy if safe parameters are not chosen

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD (in memoriam)
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal for beard?

+1

Laser hair removal works. Keep that in mind. Not all hair will be removed evenly. This is not noticable in body areas, but very noticable on a beard or scalp. In some men, eliminating the root of the hair can feminize the face. Some men get laser haiir removal of the face and love it. Just be aware of the process.

If you have concerns, you may just want to have laser hair removal of the neck. Men are thrilled with the results. Be sure to find a laser center that has multiple lasers so you can ahve the right laser for your skin type.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Facial Hair Removal Options

+1

Thank you for your question. Different skin types need different lasers for the safest treatments.  It sounds like you're a good candidate and would be safest with a YAG laser.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for best result and safest treatment options. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Yag laser Effective For Hair Removal In Darker Skin Tones

+1
Laser hair removal can be performed in darker skin tones safely.  The Yag laser is the most appropriate technology. It is very helpful for razor bumps of the face and neck in men.  It will take about 6-8 treatments to get an excellent result. Goodl luck!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Facial Hair Removal

+1

Based on your description of your skin color and ethnicity, you are definitely a candidate for laser hair removal. However, if your skin tends to be on the darker side, you are more at risk for hyperpigmentation. A light skin, dark hair individual tends to have the best results. Be sure you visit an experienced practice. Also, be sure not to tan or be in the sun during your treatment. Good luck. 

I've provided a link below with additional information on laser hair removal and caring for your skin during treatment.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon