Why Are Facial Fillers Rated So Poorly on This Site?

Barely more than half of any of the fillers are rated positively on this site. Do you find similar satisfaction rate among your patients? If not, why are so many people on this site dissatisfied with any of the fillers?

Filler disatisfaction

+1

To recall the old expression, 'the squeeky wheel gets the oil', the frequency of complaints is due to the disatisfied patient speaking up, while the "silent majority" of happy patients are silent.  Overall filler satisfaction is well over 90+% , evidenced by their continuation of their filler treatments over time.

Miami Dermatologist

Filler satisfaction

+1

I primarily use the hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm, Restylane, and Perlane to achieve the results I want.  My patients are in general extremely happy with the results that I provide them.  I have not been using the permanent fillers like artefill or silicone. I do use fat injection sometimes if I am performing surgery.

Patient satisfaction after filler injection

+1

In my experience the vast majority of patients are happy and satisfied with their filler procedures. Of course you have to the right combination of the right filler, for the right patient and area of the face and the right doctor/technique. I only remember 2 patients being unhappy with their result. One would not have been happy no matter what I did or what result was obtained. The other nagged and cajoled me gradually getting me to veer further away from my standard approach in that I normally will not inject the lips themselves.

Aaron Stone, MD

Facial Filler Satisfaction

+1

In life the dissatisfied and disenchanted are always MUCH more vocal than the content and happy. Open a newspaper or watch the news. You rarely see happy marchers or protesters.  The same is true with fillers.

The vast majority of unhappy filler cases on RealSelf are caused by the use of inexperienced injector (NON-Plastic surgeon, Ophthalmologists or Dermatologists) and placing the inappropriate filler in the wrong location - such as Radiesse in the lips, Perlane or Juvederm in the lower lid, or worse.

Choose your doctor carefully and you will greatly increase your chances of a good result.