Facial Fat Transfer and Cat Look?

I got facial fat grafting along with my rhinoplasty 11 days ago. I look like a cat and I am scared I will stay looking like this. I want my cheeks and eye hollows to be plumped and stay that way but I don't want to look like a cat anymore. Will this go away and is this experienced by other patients?

Feline Look 11 Days After Fat Transfer

+2

Hi,

Your swelling will resolve and you shouldn't look like a cat for very much longer.  It can take up to 4 weeks after fat transfer to the face for the swelling to resolve.  See the below web reference for other cat like plastic surgery.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Swelling after Fat Transfer and Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your photos and your sense of humor. You should be able to quit your feline mimicking soon and return to a nice youthful appearance. Between the Rhinoplasty and the fat transfer you have some excessive bruising and swelling this should go down rapidly. Unfortunately the redness in the whites of your eyes will take anywhere from two to four weeks to go away. When all of this returns to normal you should be looking and feeling more like yourself. Time is on your side with this one. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Looking like a cat after rhinoplasty and fat grafting

+1

Don't panic....you are just quite swollen in the cheek area from the combination of the two procedures in the same area.  It will go down with time, but it may take a week or 2.  Unfortunately, there's no medication no make this go away faster - diuretics and steroids don't work.

Hang in there.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Facial swelling after fat injections and rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling can be considerable with either rhinoplasty or facial fat injections done independently, but together, the swelling can be excessive and distrubing to you.  You may get the excellent result you've desired but it may take several more weeks to see the reduction in tissue fluid causing the swelling.

Ronald Shelton, MD

***PHOTOS: Facial fat transfer and cat-like appearance

+1

Thank you for the photos and I am glad you have a sense of humor. In nearly all instances this is due to the exaggerated swelling of the combined procedures. It appears that your swelling has even improved from the early postop picture on the left (nasal splint in place) where you have scleral show ("I can see the whites of your eyes"). Generally speaking you will see improvements by 3 weeks and certainly by 6 months. Manual lymphatic drainage may help.

Swelling after Facial Fat Transfer

+1

Regarding: "Facial Fat Transfer and Cat Look?
I got facial fat grafting along with my rhinoplasty 11 days ago. I look like a cat and I am scared I will stay looking like this. I want my cheeks and eye hollows to be plumped and stay that way but I don't want to look like a cat anymore. Will this go away and is this experienced by other patients
?"

From the peeling skin, it appears you ALSO had either a laser resurfacing or a chemical peel IN ADDITION to the Nose Surgery and the Fat Transfer to the face. Facial fat transfer results in significant but NOT permanent facial swelling. Your swelling should be on the down swing now. I would follow with your Plastic surgeon and do whatever he advised you to do.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Fat transfer, facial swelling

+1

Well it may be too early to judge the result. Combining two procedures does cause lot of swelling. Ensure that you follow postoperative instructions and visit your surgeon for regular follow up.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon