Facial Fat Removal Injections in Combination with Botox, Is The Price Worth it??

I have visited a v highly recommended doctor in Harley St (UK) for advise on Botox, which I have had before. He also suggested having(fat removal injections) to remove facial fat on the lower part of my face by my mouth, where he said my skin had lost elasticity ( I am 43 but lucky as I look a lot younger ) The cost is £250 per injection & would need approx 4 treatments on a weekly basis for 4 weeks. I am sceptical, results are'nt permanent and does'nt sound v good value for money. Any advise ??

Get a second or third opinion!

+2

If you are not sure, get a second or third opinion from other experts.  There are often several choice to get to the desired result.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat removal injections are there worth it?

+2

No, take your money and run.  There are no such injections that can magically dissolve fat in an even and reliable fashion.  You are more likely to wind up lumpy and uneven...with a lighter wallet to boot.

Be careful of suggestions

+2

Be cautious about anyone who tries to sell an additional procedure or treatment in an area that were not your concern. Also, removing fat often makes the skin look more wrinkled and aged. There are many types of doctors who dabble in this business rather than specializing in it like facial plastic surgeons. These types of doctors often are looking to offer treatments that are not standard and have minimal to no results or studies on the safety of them. Go to a reputable facial plastic surgeon.

Jason D. Meier, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

NO! Save your money!

+2

Hi there! Botox is great, but most of us who are aging put volume INTO the face, rather than remove it and I would recommend against injecting anything to remove fat in the face. Fat augmentation to the face is fairly common, as are fillers, due to the fact that faces LOSE fat with age. If you remove fat, wrinkles in the skin from loss of elasticity show even more. Get a second opinion at a minimum, but reconsider having volume removed from the face, especially with an injectable.

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat removal injections

+2
I am not sure what the surgeon would be injecting into your face for fat removal. If you have not had fat transferred to your face in that area and it is natural it would probably be the last thing you want to do is remove fat if you have lost elasticity. Most patients come in for fillers in this area to help with the loss of volume, which makes the elasticity issues more visible. In patients who have fuller faces there is a procedure called bucal fat removal where an incision is made inside the mouth and the small pocket of fats are removed. This is not a procedure that is done very often and certainly not for elasticity reason. The only other fat removal is when I have seen patients in my office from other surgeons who have been over injected with their own fat and this I have removed with a small syringe. I would be more concerned with what the procedure is and loss of volume then cost at this point. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Botox and fat reduction injections

+1

Sorry but I can't provide any useful information without examining you in consultation. I am not sure why fat removal in the background of skin elasticity is a good idea. When the skin has lost elasticity, fillers or revolumization is often a good thing, not something we want to see reduced.  If however, you wanted more cheekbone prominence, then botox is done off-label for masseter muscle (chewing muscle) reduction. Fat reduction injections, lipodissolve and ohers are questionable. Bile salts can dissolve fat excessively and cause necrosis, dimpling, scar formation etc.

Ronald Shelton, MD