All Around Facial Fat Reduction

Sometimes my face swells in the morning, creating bagginess under the eyes, excessively deep cheek folds, and saggy chin. At night I'm normal. I was looking at buccal fat but that seems to only address one area. Doctors seem to avoid it, which is unfortunate. I was also looking at injection for the cheek folds but it's sort of weird to add more there when in fact I want to take out. I am over thirty and even though people say facial fat looks young. At 30+ it just looks fat and tired. Options?

Eyelid bags that come and go

+2

It sounds like your face and eyelids swell while you are sleeping. That can be due to fluid shifts on your body and/or allergic reactions to things like dust mites. If you take the necessary precautions agains dust mites you might find that your look in the morning is no different than that at night. If you have the surgery anyway I guess you will have to have it in the morning. If a condition appears and disappears such as nasal airway obstruction that is usually an indication for non-surgical medical or other preventive measures. If the nasal airway obstruction comes and goes on its own the treatment is usually nasal sprays and avoidance of allergens not surgery.

Facial volume

+1

It is a tough question to answer without examining you.  If you are overweight, certainly wieght reduction would be beneficial. I do not think filling the nasolabial folds would help.

Full facial fat removal.

+1

Yours is a difficult problem. Fillers will make the nasolabial depressions better as well as the marionette lines, but your face will still be round. Buccal fat removal is not what you need. Full face fat removal may give you irregularities and saggy skin. It would depend on how the skin feels. See an experienced facelift surgeon to get an honest opinion. If it sounds too good......!

Facial Fat

+1

I agree with you that adding more volume is not the answer.  Without more pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you more specific advice.  However, in appropriate patients, facial liposuction can be very effective.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD