Facial Fat Grafting and Rhinoplasty from Two Different Surgeons

Hello, I'm a healthy 28 year old female who is planning to have facial fat grafting for my gaunt cheeks and a revision rhinoplasty. However, I am planning to have the fat grafting in the United States and the rhinoplasty in Asia. Which one should I do first, and how long do I have to wait between the surgeries?

Not sure about why 2 surgeons

+1

It seems to me that if you have an issues in Asia you will be on your own to deal with them when you get back to the US. Please don't devalue your health for cost concerns. See a plastic surgeon in your area.

This is silly

+1

I feel you should have both by the same surgeon at the same time. Why you would go to Asia confuses me. If you are Asian and feel an Asian doctor understands an Asian face more there are excelent Asian doctors in the US. If you are going for financial reasons think of the cost of your flight and hotel etc. Find a revision doctor on this internet line and a fat grafter. There are 7 who are experts at both on realself.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fat grafting and rhinoplasty timing

+1

In reality, there is no difference as to what procedure you do first. They are mutually  exclusive. In fact, you could combine the procedures and do them together and probably have a sustantial savings doing it that way.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and fat transfer

+1
In my patients I would combine the two procedures together. If you want to opt to have them separated then I would suggest doing the rhinoplasty first and waiting several months for any residual swelling to dissipate before doing the fat transfer. Again I would highly recommend having the procedures done in conjunction with each other. The facial anatomy is taken into consideration in both procedures and should be in harmony to provide the best aesthetic result. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty with Fat Transfer

+1

If you have to stage the procedures, do the rhinoplasty first. No single procedure will usually change your look as much as a rhinoplasty. A rhinoplasty is much more technically challenging than fat transfer. Also, your final result from the fat grafting may take months to a year.  After 6 weeks, your nose should be in good shape, the bones should be solid following any osteotomies.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combined fat grafting and revision rhinoplasty

+1

If you want to stage the procedures it doesn't really matter too much which you do first. The main issue is to wait at least a few months between procedures to allow any residual facial swelling to subside.

There's no reason you couldn't combine the procedures, however. This would give you one recovery period to go through and probably save you on anesthesia/operating room costs.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Avoid a piecemeal result in plastic surgery. Find a single surgeon wiht the insight to make your multiple procedures work best

+1

I would strongly recommend avoiding going to two different surgeons as these two procedures are directly related.  Find a surgeon who you feel very comfortable with for both procedures.  The two are intimately related and must be adjusted/combined together to get the best result for your individual faace.  I see a lot of revisional work and the most dissappointing situations tend to result from patients that see multiple different surgeons for different parts of their surgery

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Why two

+1

Why take the risk of having surgery out of the country -- find a qualified plastic surgeon in the USA -- surely there are enough in Las vegas.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD