Is FaceTite Safe and Effective for Tightening and Facial Fat Reduction?

I realize the FRAL procedure FaceTite (a version of BodyTite but without the suction) is pretty new and therefore doesn't have long-term studies done, but I'm hoping to get some thoughts on these qustions: (1) How safe has this procedure been so far, or if there's no data, how safe do cosmetic surgeons feel it is? (2) Are the effects expected to be long-term? (eg. months to years, or are the effects permanent and then subject to natural aging?) Thanks very much.

How effective is FaceTite?

+2

FaceTite is a radio frequency minimally invasive procedure which has not been approved for use in the United States.  There is not adequate information available to determine its effectiveness however, to date all of the radio frequency devices have been disappointing.  The concept of FaceTite is sound and I suspect that at some point one of the companies will get this right and results will be excellent.  Whether Invasix, the maker of the device has found a successful formula or not still needs to be determined.  Personally, I would wait until more information is available before proceeding.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Fat Reduction and Facetite

+2

Although I cannot specifically comment on data regarding FaceTite, I can assure you that there are a long line of big promises and poor results from "brand new" and "revolutionary" procedures.  Removal of facial fat is, in many cases, counter-intuitive to the current aesthetic concept of facial volume restoration and replenishment.  I would definitely give the advice to pass on this procedure for now.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Same answer as cellulite

+2

To date no non-invasive tightening methodology has been at all impressive for most patients.  I'd hold back on any of these until they have a few years under their belt.  Most die on the vine.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS