Had a Facelift, What is Total Healing Time. Right Hand Side Below the Ear is Swollen, Could It Me my Lymphnodes?

I had a facelift on oct 22, my left side is swollen below the ear. Could my lymphnodes be a factor.i'm still numb at times. How long does it take to fully heal ? Thanks Lynne

Healing from a facelift

+1

It is not abnormal to experience swelling following a facelift. In general, the side effects of a facelift can include:

1) Swelling
2) Firmness
3) Bleeding
4) Numbness
5) Bruising
6) Nerve injury that is temporary but sometimes permanent

It is not likely your lymph nodes are a factor. Swelling, numbness, and firmness can persist for an extended period of time following a facelift. The final result may not be evident for 6-12 months following your surgery. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding your concerns, as he/she knows the details of your surgery and will be able to make recommendations based on your needs. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your healing.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift healing

+1

Numbness is normal and takes months to completely recover- the swelling at this point might be ongoing inflammation but could be some excess fluid or an old blood collection that can take 6 or more months to improve. It is unlikely related to lymph nodes.  You should see your surgeon and ask about your concerns- his or her ability to do a physical exam will greatly help figure out what is going on.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Below Ear after Facelift at 3 Months

+1

The swelling below the ear may represent a fluid collection, exuberant scar tissue, a suture issue, a lump from plication, fat necrosis, etc.  A physical exam by your plastic surgeon would be advisable to sort this out for you.

Face lift healing

+1

Sorry you have this problem. My thoughts -

• Numbness after a face lift is normal. It can take 18 months to go away completely. 
  • The swelling below your ear is unusual. Depending on the type of face lift you had, it may be a suture reaction.
  • I suggest you see your plastic surgeon to find out what is going on.
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Swelling three months after facelift

+1
Swelling is not the norm three months after a facelift, and swollen lymphnodes also are not present after a facelift. Most will fully heal three weeks after a facelift with some numbness clearing about three months time.