Age 53. Bruising 2 Months After Facelift?

I am 53 and had a face lift and neck lift 2 monthsa ago. I am still bruised under my left eye, and have bruiseing and raised on my cheek . What do I do

Bruising 2 Months After Facelift

+1

Bruising 2 months after a facelift may be residual hemosiderin staining.  This should get better with time, and I would wait a little longer before an intervention.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Prolonged bruising, not uncommon.

+1

I have seen this many times. Sometimes you may have alittle more bleeding on one side with entrapped blood which is absorbed but the iron deposited  can remain until cleared by the immune system.  This can take months.  You can try arnica and warm compresses but good mineral make-up is your best friend.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Bruising After Facelift

+1

This is an unusual but occasional prolonged effect.  I suggest you try first Arnica gel, and if that doesn't help, then a bleaching cream.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Discuss with surgeon..

+1

In my experience, the perception of bruising is more likely to be related to pigmentation which can be managed conservatively as well as with bleaching creams if appropriate. I suggest you discuss this concern with your surgeon.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bruising 2 Months after Facelift

+1

Although residual bruising is possible 2 months after a facelift this is very rare. Have your surgeon  evaluate this to make sure it is bruising which will resolve. Topical treatments can be beneficial.

Palm Beach Facelift Recovery

+1
Bruising 2 months after a facelift is rare but not unheard of. It is also not unusual if the bruise is under the eye area since the lymphatic vessels in the this upper cheek or malar area tend to be more prone. Patience is the key as I have not seen a bruise that has not resolved in the long run. You may want to consider taking high does of Arnica Montana and having a few manual lymphatic drainage treatments.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after facelift should be all gone after two weeks.

+1

Hi.

You really need to see your plastic surgeon.  Whatever is going on is probably not bruising.  Could be a small hematoma.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bruising 2 Months After a Facelift is Unusual But Likely Nothing to Be Concerned About

+1

Bruising 2 months after a facelift is unusual but does occur. While almost all of my facelift patients no longer have any bruising 2 months after surgery, I have had an occasional patient who has had some mild residual bruising for almost 6 months. We don't know why this happens, but we all see it every once in a while. First, make sure your surgeon is aware of the bruising (to be sure that it nothing more than just persistent bruising). Second, using a combination of both ice and heat can still be helpful. Third, Arnica Montana (an herb found in most drug or grocery stores) as a pill and a topical cream might help the bruising go away more quickly. Finally, IPL treatments (a laser like device) will help take the bruised color out of the skin very quickly. Best of luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon