What Determines How Much a Facelift is?

What Determines Facelift Cost

+1

Facelift cost is determined by surgeon's fee, anesthesiologist fee, facility fee, with some other incidentals depending upon the practice.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Hat determines facelift cost

+1

There is the anaesthesiologist, the operating room time, the assistants,the postoperative facility,and the postoperative care.

More skilled practicioners generally charge more and of course it costs more in NewYork and Beverly Hills.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Face Lift Fees

+1

The fees for cosmetic surgery varies greatly across the country.  Experience and expertise are factors.  Surgical Facility and Anesthesia fees are major components and can vary widely depending on the degree of control and relationships that the surgeon has.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

How much is a face lift?

+1

The cost of a facelift varies based on the experience of the surgeon and demand for his/her services.  The other consideration is that a 'facelift' doesn't always mean the same thing for 2 different patients.

Example 1:  45 year old woman with some jowling and neck laxity may get a mini face lift for about $7k

Example 2:  59 year old woman with more advanced aging and volume loss throughout the face may need brow lift, lower eyelid lift, fat grafting, face & neck lift for about $26-30k

Sam Naficy, MD

What Determines How Much a Facelift is

+1

To some extent, time is a factor as there are timed costs for the anesthesiologist and the operating room, but the surgeon’s fee will vary depending on their personal factors.

Julio Garcia, MD

What determines the cost of a facelift.

+1

In general the price of facelift depends on what you need done and how long it will take.  There are some geographical variations and of course some plastic surgeons will always charge outrageous amounts for some procedures. 
At my Austin, Texas plastic surgery practice I tend to base my facelift costs on the individual patient and how long I think the surgery will take.  For example I typically do two different types of facelifts depending on what the patient needs.  These are a minimally invasive MACS facelift for younger patients and a full facelift/neck lift for older patients.  The time difference in the OR can add up to a few hours so the cost for a full facelift is a bit more. 
On average a facelift in the Austin, Texas area will cost about 8-10K and would include everything.  Since I operate only in the hospital setting we also offer overnight stays as an option for patients who would like a little more attention and pampering with their facial rejuvenation procedures. 
I would recommend that you visit with a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area to see what costs are and get an idea of how each surgeon relates to you and how they would address your specific facial rejuvenation needs.

Best of Luck,

Dr. Kerr.

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

How Much Does a Facelift Cost?

+1

There are many variables in the cost of a facelift. Your geographical area can make a difference, and a facelift can include the eyes, and a browlift and more, all of which will increase the fee. There will be a fee for the facility, the surgeon and the anesthesiologist. I recommend that you get at least 3 opinions of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, ask to see before and after pictures to see the type of work the surgeon does and ask if you can talk to a couple of patients who can answer questions for you as to what their experience was like. Don't look for the least expensive surgeon, look for one you feel comfortable with and like the results of the surgery. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Facelift fees

+1

The fees you are quoted at the time of your consultation is made up typically of three costs: the surgeon's fee for performing the procedure or procedures, The cost to have the procedure performed in a surgical facility often referred to as the facility fee. The last charge is the anesthesia fee for the anesthesia provider to administer anesthesia during the procedure and to monitor you throughout the procedure.

Each of these fees with vary by what part of the country you are in, and how much each individual values his or her time and experience. A well established plastic surgeon with a long waiting list is not likely to perform discount surgery.  A new arrival with a lot of time to fill may offer discounts.  Some geographic areas have higher costs for all goods and services and that will extend to cosmetic surgery.

I think it is best not to trust your face to the individual who offers the lowest fees.  Remember it is your face.  Consult with several surgeons.  You should find a plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  After several consultation you should be able to choose one with whom you felt the most comfortable.

Thank you for your question and good luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Facelift cost

+1

The cost of a facelift is determined by three things: the surgeon charge, anesthesia charge, and the facility fee. For the same amount of time (the length of the procedure), anesthesia and facility fees should be fairly close to each other within a given community. Beware of "cheap" anesthesia or facility fees as this could be dangerous. The biggest variable is the surgeon fee. Not all "facelifts" are the same. Nor are all surgeons as good as each other. Some surgeons are excellent but take a longer time, whcih can result in some higher fees. Others have a perticular talent or skill at delivering a "better" result and will also tend to charge a higher fee for their expertise. At the end of the day you don't have to spend an "arm and a leg" to feel as though you are getting your money's worth. On the other hand be careful not to base your decision on price alone or you will "get what you paid for".

Ronald Schuster, MD

Facelift Costs

+1

As other Surgeons have noted, costs vary from region to region based on the cost of doing business and regional demographics.  Likewise, as Dr, Freiman correctly noted, there are substantial facility and anesthesia costs involved with a Facelift, not to mention extensive follow up.  A Facelift is not a quick and easy procedure like a haircut, it is not a commodity like a television, but an individually tailored procedure requiring extensive knowledge of facial anatomy, technical skill, and artistic sense.  One Surgeon's excellent results with Facelift are definitely not transferable as recent  advertising would suggest.  Therefore, only choose a Surgeon extensively trained in facial surgery, like a Surgeon Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS) or the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).  I encourage all patients to carefully review the results you are shown, make sure that the results that are shown to you are actual results of that Surgeon, and ask around about the reputation of the Surgeon.  Make sure that you are having the procedure performed in an accredited facility, and make sure that sedation will be provided by a CRNA or Anesthesiologist.  I do not believe that an Anesthesiologist provides a higher level of safety than a CRNA in a healthy patient.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon