Will a Facelift Correct Neck Bands?

I had some procedures done that did not yield good results and left my skin and tissues very damaged in the neck region. I now don't have enough fat in my neck which has caused my bands to show. I've noticed when I pull my skin up and tighten things it makes the bands disappear. My neck looks so unnatural and I've been forced to wear turtle necks and scarfs out in public due to feeling so self-conscious. I'm wondering if a facelift can correct something like this?

Can a revision Face Lift fix residual neck bands and skin

+4

From your photos, the neck skin, under the chin, shows signs of severe fat removal and scarring.  You should be seen and examined by a well trained, experienced Face Lift surgeon to evaluate whether, or not, the skin of the neck will tolerate any more surgery. 

Lifting up the skin, in this area..in theory will decrease the irregularities but yiour skin has to have sufficient blood supply in order to heal from another surgery.  You may have to massage the skin and wait for the tissues to heal further before having another surgery.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Lower Facelift Should Include Necklift

+3

Though the neck can be addressed alone, ideally it should be addressed as part of a lower facelift. There are numerous ways to address the neck during a faclift from no intervention, to liposuction, to opening the neck and providing internal muscle tightening. By looking at your pictures, you most likely would benefit from opening the neck to address the neck muscles and tighten them along with a lower facelift to redrape the skin so that you don't get a bunched up appearance in the neck. Done properly, this can get you to the point where you have a nice defined neck line that you will be happy to show off.

Ocala Plastic Surgeon

Will a Facelift Correct Neck Bands?

+3

Dear TJR,

I am sorry to hear about your concerns. A full facelift with necklift or possibly an isolated necklift should be able to improve the appearance of your neck. I would consult with an experienced board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Revise the Neck for the fix

+2

It appears your jaw line is reasonable. You said "Some Procedures" but you have left us all to speculate. I suspect you have had some kind of suctioning procedure or some residual fluid such as blood that has combined to create this problem. I feel an isolated approach to your neck using access incisions behind the ears and hairline, combined with a small incision under your chin would allow sufficient access to your tissues to complete the job and give you the result you had hoped for.

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Facelift to Correct Neck Bands

+2

It appears that fat removal in your neck has caused the bands to become obvious. A facelift, including the anterior neck, should improve your appearance when done by an experienced surgeon.

Correction of neck bands after earlier procedures

+2

From looking at your photo, it appears that you have very prominent muscle banding in the lower portion of your neck. This may be due to thin skin or from excessive liposuction, muscle cutting from earlier procedures. Although it may not be possible to completely eliminate the banding, one approach that I find helpful when I do revision face-neck lifts is to tighten the neck bands directly underneath the chin along the front edge of the muscle and to also tighten the back edge of the muscle with a face-neck lifting procedure. If the banding is very firm and due to scar tissue, this may be improved with steroid injections or fillers. It is very important to be treated by a surgeon with experience in revision surgeries.

Pasadena Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift to correct neck bands

+2
It appears that the neck has residual skin laxity despite deep tissue tightening. Skin redraping of the neck via a facelift exposure should help.
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Facelift addresses neck bands

+2

The procedure you had that resulted in distortion of your neck skin seems to different from the regular static/ dynamic neck bands. You have skin subcutaneous fat distortion and possible superadded neck band. The irregularity you show on the photo may be improved to a certain extend with neck lift. I suggest you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Face and neck lift can help hide unwanted banding in the neck

+2

HI,

A face/neck lift can help with the banding in your neck. As part of the procedure, a small incision should be made under your chin and the underlying platysma muscle stitched together to help smooth out the bands. The lateral incisions will help to undermine the neck skin and pull it tighter so that the skin does not sag in the midline.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

D. 

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

This can be improved with a mutiplanar neck procedure.

+2

The neck should be addressed at the time of the facelift but not every surgeon believes in this approach.  There is not substitute for a personal consultation by an experienced facelift surgeon.  Generally for this type of corrective work, it is best to steer clear of high volume, propriety facelift franchises.  You need a well trained surgeon with an excellent reputation.  

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com