Will facelift wrinkles disappear?

Had upper and lower blepharoplasty, lower face and neck lift (3) weeks ago. Considerable bruising especially on lower left side of face. I now have raised "wrinkles" where the most bruising occurred. I have attached a picture of the bruising at (1) week and the wrinkles that now exist. My question, what are these "wrinkles" and will they go away?

These wrinkles may improve with time.

+1

You are still pretty early in the healing phase. You should ask your surgeon if you can start doing some massage over this area to help flatten it out. If the wrinkles persist, you may need some laser, filler, or both to help improve their appearance.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Persistent wrinkles after a facelift may need topical treatment to the skin.

+1

it's too early after your operation to make a decision about subsequent skin treatment. If these do not disappear some sort of surface therapy including resurfacing might be indicated.

Will facelift wrinkles disappear?

+1

Maybe but you should consider some therapy as a peel/laser/micro derma peels - something to improve these issues.//

Facelift wrinkles

+1

You are still early post-op. These may get better with some more time. If they do not, then perhaps a revision is necessary or filler material can help. Good luck.

Wrinkles after facelift

+1

These may likely persist and could be treated. You need to wait about 6 months to see what happens.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles after facelift

+1

Hi PattyV. Your wrinkles seem to be present in both pictures, and I am not sure how much they will improve. Lateral sweep is a feature of skin-only facelifts in which the skin is used to reposition sagging cheek soft tissues. It can also occur if the patient is turned too much when the excess skin is redraped for excision. The problem looks like what I see in your pictures. The problem can be avoided by using one of the available techniquest to reposition the SMAS layer beneath the skin. I suggest you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Despite the wrinkles, I think you have a great result, and it will improve as you continue to heal.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles after facelift

+1

It would have been helpful to see your pre-operative photos as well to see if those wrinkles were present before surgery. At 3 weeks, there is still a significant amount of swelling and perhaps some bruising (although it's hard to tell in your photo) remaining; therefore, it may improve with time. You should discuss this concern with your surgeon. Good luck to you.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Wrinkles after facelift and bleparoplasty

+1

Those wrinkles are called lateral sweep. They are likely not related to the bruising and would have been present even if you had not had that degree of bruising. I think you would be wise to address this issue with your surgeon.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Recovery after a Facial Rejuvenation Procedure

+1

The results of a facelift are dependent upon your original deformity, the operative technique utilized by your surgeon, and your own ability to heal. Everyone has some degree of bruising , and the results take time to fully become apparent.

It is important to look at the results of other patients by your proposed surgeon, if you like what you see and like him/her - trust them and let them help you through the recovery. I tell all my patients that for the first 3 - 5 days , you will be swollen, will be stiff, and say why the heck did I do this.

It will get better.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon