Can Muscle Spasms After Facelift Hurt the Results?

i had a facelift 5 months ago and ive been getting face spams the whole 5 months and strong ones at that. a lot of them are on the side of my face right by my ear, the side of the face closest to the ears.

I wanted to know because its happening so much can this tear anything on the inside of my face where the spams happen? or anywhere else on the face? like tearing the fat underneath or connective tissues or bands that connect that to your fat? thank you.

Recovering from facelift surgery

+1

Muscle spasms after facelift surgery is not a common problem. The short answer to you question is NO. There is no risk that muscle spasms will disrupt tissues or break any sutures.

You may consider consulting a neurologist.

Facial spasms after a facelift.

+1

Practicing plastic surgery for 35 years, I've never heard of this. You might consult with a neurologist in your area to find out what he thinks the cause is.

Facelift and muscle spasms

+1

After 5 months, your tissurs are healed so it is not likely that tissue disruption (tearing) will happen. An evaluation with a Neurologist may help to pin down the cause of the spasms which may be caused by little nerve endings trapped in scar (neuroma)

Spasms or Sensory Nerve Regrowth?

+1

What happens fairly commonly after Facelift surgery is a general regrowth of sensory nerve fibers. This leads to odd sensations that sometimes feel like a crawling feeling, and sometimes like an electric shock. These sensations are termed paresthesias and usually last a few weeks and up to a few months but are generally self limited. It is very rare to have actual spasms of facial musculature after Facelift. These sensations will not hurt your result. However, I would follow up with your Surgeon about them.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Muscle spasm after a facelift?

+1

I personally don't know what to tell you about the difficulty you are having because I have never heard of a patient describing anything resembling muscle spasms after a facelift. What does your doctor think is going on?

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com