Do I Need a Facelift, Skin Tightening or Fillers? (photo)

I am 54-years old, single and professional so I'm super busy. I'm noticing many signs of aging like sagging jowl lines, sunken cheeks and I've been using Botox and fillers to keep aging at bay but now my neck is sagging so I'm not sure if I could get by with a "mini-lift" and fillers and/or skin tightening or is it time for a full face/neck lift?

Facelift, Skin Tightening, or Fillers

+2
This is all dependent on the components of aging, facial fat loss and not skin sagging. If you have minimal to no jowls then Fillers may be appropriate, but if one has excessive skin then a Facelift procedure may be needed.

Neck/facelift

+2

As you can see, there are many ways to approach facial rejuvenation.  For the neck, the non-surgical approaches will not be effective so, at minimum, you will need a necklift/lower facelift.  Fortunately, you are thin and appear to be an excellent candidate for surgery.  I would combine that with fillers in the midface.  If your eyebrow arching is the result of Botox, then I think this is unnatural and contributes to the appearance of aging but it may also be a matter of personal taste.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Face and Neck Lift for Longer Lasting Results

+1

You would get the best results with a full face and neck lift because the deep muscle of the lower face and neck would be tightened, resulting in a longer lasting effect. One way to determine whether a face lift would be helpful is to lie completely supine (flat on your back) and look at your face in the mirror. This will help to give you a general idea of how your face would most likely look after a face lift.

Wandra K. Miles, MD

Better candidate for non surgical procedures

+1

Your photos suggest that you would get a good improvement from non surgical procedures. Thermage for the neck and jawline, and judicious use of dermal filler. At most perioorbital fat transfer would give you a great facial rejuvenation. The main question is where are you re the menopause as that would guide my strategy and your options?

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

+1

You are in a good position for facial rejuvenation surgery at your age. In my experience, the patients do well with composite surgery ( face, eyes, brows) in your age group with a high level of satisfaction. get a consult and exam from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)

Full facelift or mini-facelift

+1

While I am usually not a huge fan of a mini-facelift, in your case, it will probably give you a very good result. You have good bone structure, mild laxity and are not heavy-set. As a result, a mini-lift that is done by an experienced facelift surgeon should give you a good result.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift or fillers

+1

Thank you for your question about a face lift. You have lovely bone structure.

• SMAS flap face lifts look better, last longer than mini-lifts,
  • Consider tretinoin skin care and a TCA peel or non-ablative laser such as ND Yag for fine lines of your face and neck,
  • if the right temporal atrophy doesn't bother you, leave it alone, if it does, consider a filler at surgery. Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Facelift or fillers

+1

In my practice, you would likely be seen in the non-surgical side of the office.  I think Sculptra and Ulthera would be a good start. A visit with a plastic surgeon who does facelifts only may not be ideal as you may not have all your options outlined.  Make sure non- surgical alternatives are offered as your schedule may not permit recovery from surgery.   Best wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD