I strongly believe that Facial Plastic Surgeons are uniquely qualified to perform facelift surgeries. There are select physicians, including myself, that are double board-certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS) and by the American Board of Otolaryngology. The ABFPRS is a nationally recognized certifying board for surgeons specializing in plastic surgery of the face and neck.
When choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon, there are a series of questions every patient should ask:
1. Discuss your board certification?
2. Where did you complete your training?
3. Are you at the national forefront of your field?
4. How many facial plastic surgery cases have you performed?
5. How can I tell what I will look like after surgery?
6. Where will the surgery be performed?
7. Can I see pictures of actual patients with my same concerns?
Hope this helps. -Ross A. Clevens, MD