Facelift, Nose Job, Upper Blephroplast and Fat Transplant at the Same Time?

recently a month ago I had facelift upper blephroplasty and nose job at the same time. During the surgery mydoctor told me that he cut the muscle between the eyebraws (goodbye to botox) and implant fat tissue graft using extra skin from the facelift. he said that he implanted the graft via upper eyelid during blephroplasty. Now i feel like am carying a rock onmy front head and my eyelids are still swollen numb and heavy. what should I do? Thanks

Glabellar Muscle Removal and Fat Transfer

+1

Fat transfer to the glabella to fill the muscle void is a common technique, and the swelling and heaviness should improve with time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Side effects following multiple procedures

+1

A month is still pretty soon after your surgery and you are experiencing swelling.  In general, the potential side effects from a blepharoplasty may include:

1) Moderate pain
2) Swelling
3) Mild scarring
4) Drooping of the eyelid
5) Dryness of the eyes
6) Difficulty keeping the eyes closed while sleeping
7) Hematoma

It is difficult to give you any advice without seeing you in person. At this point, I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure.  Thanks and I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not unusual

+1

Having some numbness after surgery is completely normal. The graft will likely contract and become less prominent with time. Be patient with your body as it heals.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facelift and adding fat between your brows

+1

Adding fat in between the brows is a common thing done after the brow muscles are taken away. I would wait for you to heal before doing anything. This swelling will go down

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift, nose job, upper blepharoplasty, fat transfer at the same time

+1

I commonly perform multiple combination facial procedures under the same anesthetic and having a facelift, nose job, upper blepharoplasty and fat transfer at the same sitting does not at all sound unusual.   Regarding your recovery and what you are feeling, it is normal to feel some numbness and have some residual swelling one month after surgery. You should see your doctor regarding your concerns about your forehead.

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combination Procedure: Speak to your surgeon

+1

You should speak to your doctor regarding what you are experiencing after your combination procedure (facelift, nose job, upper blepharoplasty and fat transplant). This procedure can cause significant swelling and only your doctor would understand what was done and how your healing has been progressing.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

+1

All these procedure can done at the same time.It sonds like you are still swolen. Pictures would help me advise you

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

+1

A photo would be helpful, after a month from that invasive of surgery, you are still healing.  Some of that may still be swelling, it can take several months for all the swelling to go down.  You should follow up with your surgeon to go over different options if this continues.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Multiple Procedures

+1

Without seeing you in consultation or seeing before and after pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  While it common to bundle many procedures together, it really depends on the patient and the surgeon to determine what is appropriate.  

David Shafer, MD

Firmness after face lift, rhinoplasty, and upper blepharoplasty

+1

Overall the strategy that your surgeon employed sounds reasonable.  When the frown muscles between the brows are interrupted, a graft of fat or fascia can help to avoid a depression in the area.  You may just have a small fluid accumulation that will respond to massage.  It is best that you see your original surgeon, as only he or she knows the exact approach that was used in this area.

John Q. Cook, MD