Non-invasive Treatment for Double Chin and Neck?

I found out that I have a Factor 11 problem when I was going through my pre-op tests for a Facelift. My biggest problem is my double chin, neck that has gotten worse over the years. Is there any non-invasive procedures that can help this? I had Nose surgery 40 years ago and periodontal surgery twice without any problems. Yet, the plastic surgeon won't operate on me.

Non-surgical alternatives to face lift

+1

Before I discuss on-surgical alternatives to face lift, let's briefly address your condition.  The fact that you had prior surgeries without significant bleeding indicates that your bleeding disorder can be properly managed by a hematologist to allow you to have appropriate surgical procedure.

There are no truly non surgical alternatives to a Facelift for some one desirous of improvement of significant aging in the neck.  On the other hand for some patients some improvement can be obtained with certain Liposculpture alternatives to a face-neck lift.  Either a laser or ultrasound assisted Liposculpture can have some shrinking effect on the neck skin allowing for this minimally invasive alternative.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding Disorders

+1

Non-invasive  procedures probably will not improve your appearance. After consutation with a hematologist, I have done cosmetic surgery on many patients with bleeding disorders. In some individuals pre-surgical medication was necessary. Be thankful your surgeon did a thorough pre-op evaluation.

See a hematologist.

+1

If you want to have a worthwhile result, you will need surgery. See a hematologist an have him evaluate your problem and he may be able to clear you for surgery.

Begin with your hematologist for clearance

+1

Through the many years of cosmetic surgery I have done, I have operated on many patients with bleeding disorders.

I work with a hematologist to properly prepare them and in that manner have never had a problem with a patient who has a recognized problem.

On the other hand, patients who are on mild anticoagulants we have done with tuminescent liposuction technique if they agree that they may have more than the average amount of bruising and will be o.k . with it. In reality with the new techniques they bruise little more than the average patient.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Probably not any good options

+1

If you were a candidate for a facelift, then you probably have enough of a problem that non-surgical options wouldn't do enough to make it worth your time and money.

I'd have to think that even the non-invasive procedures wouldn't be safe perform in light of your bleeding disorder.

Unfortunately, not everyone is a candidate for cosmetic surgery.

Talk to your hematologist or primary care physician. I bet they'll urge you to stay away from any procedure that isn't critical for your health.

Best regards.

Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.