Facelift, Necklift Options

I am 8 months postop and have No improvement, in fact I am worse then preop. I never had any neck bands and how have many. My jaw line in droopy and the fat pad I wanted remover is still there! My PS states I signed a Medical Release and it did no guarantee a good result. She reccomended a PS who does face/necks only and another PS who does eyes only. She stated it would be at my expense since she does not refund or contribute to a revision. Cost, $20,000 Please help!

Unhappy with results

+1

I am sorry about your experience but it is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

Unhappy with face lift and neck lift results, now what?

+1

Sorry to hear about your issues but without before and after photos, there's really nothing, with which, to evaluate and make recommendations.  I do quite a bit of revision work and always advise these patients that financially it's in their best interest to try and work things out with their original plastic and cosmetic surgeon unless they no longer have faith in them.

Revision face lifts, neck lifts, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation etc. are always more difficult, not less, because of scar tissue, previous incision lines and altered tissue anatomy....resulting in higher fees, not lower.  This is just the facts.  If you feel that a change is needed, from your current surgeon, IMHO you should have several consultations and go from there.  Hope this helps.

In my mind this highlights the need to select a plastic and cosmetic surgeon who's well experienced in face lifts and neck lifts from the beginning because at the end of the day, there's simply no substitute for experience.

Unsatisfactory Result From Facelift surgery.

+1

Your post operative Facelift result is clearly unsatisfactory to you.  It seems that it would be best for you to seek some second opinion consultations with experienced plastic surgeons in your area.  They can do a thorough examination and let you know what, if any thing, should be done at this point.

This will give you a fresh and more objective prospective on your results.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Go get a second opinion

+1

I would suggest you go get a 2nd opinion to see if something was done wrong, or if there were just unrealistic expectations.  Perhaps you should consider Ulthera or neck liposculpture if that is the only area you are concerned with.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Facelift revision

+1

i am sorry to hear that you are not having a good experience. Without before and after photos it's hard to comment on whether your expectations are realistic or if you in fact do have a good result. I would suggest getting a second opinion before doing any further procedures.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Facelift

+1

I am very sorry that you have had a bad experience.  Since you are unhappy with your result, and since your Surgeon doesn't appear to feel comfortable with doing a revision, I would recommend seeing a variety of Facial Plastic Surgeons/ Plastic Surgeons in your community who emphasize Facelift surgery in their practice.  Lay out your concerns and ask if your expectations are reasonable. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bad facelift result can usually be corrected.

+1

Hi.

1)  You describe a bad result.  I am surprised your surgeon does not try to improve the outcome, since we all want happy patients.  Perhaps, she does not feel she can and, upsetting as this is, you should probably  write it off as a bad investment.

2)  See a couple of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  I am pretty sure that you can be made  much more satisfied.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

8 months post op facelift

+1

Without clear pictures it is impossible to tell what the issues are. Is this a case of overexpectation or are you really not getting a good result I think  your doctor should offer a second procedure if anything can be improved.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

A lot of plastic surgery is subjective.

+1

Before and after photos would be very helpful to assess what is going on here.  Bottom line is you are not happy and there appears to be some type of breakdown with your surgeon.  Clearly she must feel that there has been some benefit.  Generally people are quite happy with the results of their facelift.  However, not every plastic surgeon turns out a great facelift and price does not guarantee that the surgeon is not a toad.  I recommend that you do your homework and get some other opinions.  I would not rush into this.  Please find a surgeon you have a significant level of comfort with.  Whether you see a facial plastic surgeon or a general plastic surgeon, please understand that credentials are just the prerequisites.  Study their website, see what other patients are saying, check with your local medical board, and also ask yourself if you like the surgeon and the office: do they make sense, answer your questions, and treat you with respect?

Facelift to fix neck with excess skin.

+1

Sorry that your results were not what you had wanted. Over the past 35 years we have often done revisions because the fat was removed and the neck was "skeletonized". I would need to see photos of the face to tell you what you need now.