Facelift/mini Lift or Fillers for 22 Y Old with Sagging? (photo)

I know it sounds crazy, but I am 22 years old and my face is already begging to sag! It is not just volume loss, as I have always been thin and it has only started to sag 2 or 3 years ago. I thought it might be caused by a connective tissue disorder like Cutis Laxa, but doctors have assured me that wasn't the case. Whatever the cause, it is bothering me highly. I was wondering if I could benefit from a facelift or mini lift, or if fillers would do the job. This picture shows me before and after.

Mini Facelift on Young Lady

+2

You are very young to consider a Mini Facelift.  Without an evaluation it is hard to determine your needs.  The photo shows an attractive young lady.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine your needs.

Sagging skin in 22 year old

+1

At your age, your skin is still appears tight. You are not yet a candidate for face lift--full or mini.  I do, however, recommend a good skin care program which will exfloiate and help keep your skin more youthful and toned. Perhaps fillers might give you a little more fullness that you seek. I would also avoid tanning, especially in sunbeds. I would suggest talking to a plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Not volume loss as much as volume deficiency

+1

In situations like this one has to really try to figure out what the real problem is.  You don't have laxity of your tissues, and you are very young.  Therefore, a lifting procedure of any kind is out of the question in my book.  You are also young to be experiencing volume loss too, however you have some DEFICIENCY of volume primarily in your cheeks.  This to me creates a face out of balance with a heaviness toward the bottom making it seem like you need a facelift.  In reality I think you are much better suited to the addition of some filler or fat transfer to your cheeks and malar region to build them up and restore an attractive balance to your face.  This is analogous to the situation in which a young lady was just naturally born with smaller breasts than she wishes for her body proportions.  We add some volume there to balance things out, and this is the same with you except we're talking about your cheeks and not your breasts.  I would suggest a consultation with a surgeon who is experienced in performing injections in this area of the face, and preferably one who can offer fat transfer too in case this is an option for you as well, but certainly no surgery for lifting anything right now.

Facelift

+1

You do not any large amount of laxity in your skin. This is a normal appearance for a 22 year old and you are quite attractive. I would not do facelift on you, mini or otherwise. With a full consultation it may be possible that there are things we could offer you to improve the appearance from facials to non invasive skin tightening to fillers. Only an experienced surgeon's consultation will be able to give you the best options.

Facelift/Mini-Facelift for 22 yo

+1

Hi.  I don't see any excess laxity in your face.  Even babies have some laxity and this is perfectly normal and not something that should be treated.  I would not have any tightening procedures at your age.  You look great.

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minifacelift in 22 year old?

+1

I do not believe that a minifacelift would benefit you at all.  If you wanted fillers to the tear trough or cheeks, this is a possibility.  However, you need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon with elite credentials to determine what is best.

Face lift at 22

+1

Thank you for your photos. These are my thoughts on a face lift at your age:

• You are young and beautiful - a great start. 
  • One photo has sideways lighting throwing dark shadows. Your Board Certified Plastic surgeon will know if  your 'sagging' is actually a lighting effect.
  • Early face lifts may be needed if skin has been stretched, e.g. by weight loss, severe facial swelling and cortisone pills.
  • I would recommend starting with fillers before having a face lift

​Hope this helps!

Facelift at 22?

+1

Based solely on your photos, I do not think that you need any sort of lift.  If you want fillers to accentuate different things like giving you higher cheek bones, etc.. that is a possiblity, but I personally do not think you need anything.