Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift and Jaw Implant? (photo)

is this for me? tired of hiding

Facelift and jaw implant

+1

From your very small picture, it seems that you would indeed be a good candidate for facelift and jawline enhancement procedures.

However, rather than develop a preconceived idea of exactly what procedures would benefit you most, why not consult with several top facelift surgeons and get their suggestions?  You may learn a great deal about what procedures are available to enhance the beauty of your face maximally.

Doctors differ on their approach during a consultation.  Some will only address problems if you bring them up, others will mention them only if necessary in conjunction with the procedures you have suggested (i.e. the eye area as well as the neck and jawline), others will freely suggest everything you need.  So make sure you list the areas that trouble you so your prospective surgeon can suggest the procedures to maximize your youth and beauty.

A jaw implant can greatly enhance facelift results

+1

Hello - the picture that you sent is very small, but it appears as though you may benefit nicely from a facelift and chin implant.  To determine this better, I would need to see you in person or larger photos.  A facelift can restore lost volume to your cheeks, lift your jowls and marionette lines, and smooth out your neck.  The chin implant can add improve the projection of your chin as well as correct any asymmetries.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Candidates for a Facelift

+1

I cannot make specific recommendations on the basis of the picture. However, rejuvenation surgery is beneficial for individuals with good physicial and mental health and reasonable expectations who have experienced facial aging.

Facelift Indications

+1

Facelift (when performed properly) does a great job of elevating jowls, contouring the jawline, sculpting the neck, and repositioning the cheek. A chin implant can sometimes accentuate a Facelift result, especially in a patiet with a retruded chin. Unfortunately, your picture does not present a very clear picture of what you look like and no opinion can be rendered based on it. Consultation with a local Facial Plastic Surgeon will help guide you as to the best way to proceed.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Facelift

+1

Thanks for posting a picture. However, it is so small that we really cannot give you specific advice. However, if you have loose skin in your face, jowls and neck, then you may be a good candidate for facelift surgery. If your jaw or chin underprojects, then an implant may be best.

David Shafer, MD

Face Lift Candidate for Cosmetic Surgery

+1

Facial aging affects everyone to various degrees. Unless there are coexisting conditions, face lift surgery may be appropriate for many individuals over 40. Face lift refers to many potential cosmetic surgical treatments.

For some reason, your photograph is too small and only one view, so I cannot comment on your particular situation. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a face lift surgeon, including medical history, can an appropriate option be determined.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Indications

+1

It is impossible to tell anything from the picture provided. However, if you have aging of the face with jowl, folding around the mouth, hollowing of the cheeks, bags under the eyes lowering of the brow, excess skin in the eyes, banding in the neck, or excess fat in the neck, you are a candidate for some form of facial rejuvenation.

The term “Facelift” means different things to different people. To be precise, it means elimination of the neck and lower face aging. However, it is usually combined with other procedures to rejuvenate all of the facial area and the combination of procedures is also called a “Facelift.”

The one procedure that is not a usual part of this rejuvenation is a jaw implant, though it can be. Other implants or fat grafting, however, are common. Only a consult with a qualified Plastic Surgeon can answer your specific question and decide what you, as an individual, need. This will allow you to decide what is right for you. If you are hiding, you definitely need something done to get you back into the community.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Facial Rejuvenation has many options

+1

Facial rejuvenation can include several different procedures performed together or separately depending on the patient's aging pattern and goals. A facelift (sometimes called a face and neck lift) addresses sagging along the jawline (with those dreaded jowls) and sagging in the neck, and can beautifully tighten these areas. Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) corrects the loose skin of the upper and lower eyelids and can also remove the tired, puffy appearance of the lower eyelids.

A cheeklift lifts the midface and compliments both lower eyelid surgery and face and neck lift. A browlift lifts the forehead and enhances both upper lid blepharoplasty and face and neck lift. Fat grafting and laser resurfacing can provide further improvement. I find that most patients undergoing facial surgery do not need chin or jaw implants unless there is a significant area of bony deficiency.

Not every patients needs all of these procedures, and you should discuss with your plastic surgeon your concerns, and he or she can advise you if surgery is right for you, and if so, which combination would give you the best result. It is also possible that you might do well with non-surgical options, such as Botox, fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, etc), and non invasive lasers (Fraxel, etc). These treatments can provide nice improvements to freshen the face with virtually no down time.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Facelift candidates

+1

A good candidate for a facelifting procedure is an otherwise healthy person who has sagging of the lower face and neck region which is usually manifesting by "jowling and excess skin and fallen soft tissues. As long as you are a non-smoker, this procedure can add some youth back to your face and make you look rested. Be careful for surgeons who over pull the face and give a created or surgical look since this can have the reverse effect. As far as jaw surgery, sometimes a chin implant can enhance the result of the neck lifting portion of the procedure if you are deficient in that area as well. These are general guidelines. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and jaw surgery

+1

The picture you posted is very small and I could not enlarge it.  Jaw surgery is best evaluated using other photographic views and possibly x-rays or even 3d ct scans.