Do I Need a Facelift? What Happened to Me? I Look 20 Years Older

Hello.. I am 34 years old, 5"2 147lbs..I am about 20 lbs overweight, however looking at my face and all the fat concentrated on my neck looks like I am more like 50 lbs overweight...I already had a chin lipo 2 years ago. Should I get a facelift? Am I too young? my family says I am paranoid..but I see other people with beautiful jawlines specially TV anchors..My eyes are also droopy...What happened to me? How can I look younger? My skin has large pores also..

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Face lift surgery candidates

+1

A woman or man in their 30's is generally too young for face lift surgery. Under chin or neck liposuction is typically the first option for improve the jawline and neck contour. Some patients with poor bone structure may benefit from chin augmentation with a silicone implant.

Other aesthetic options to improve one's appearance at this age include such treatments as skin care, laser, light peels, or tretinoin. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/face-lift.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting a tighter jalwline

+2

Based on your photos it appears that you are a good candidate for a chin implant, a mini neck lift, and upper eyelid lift.  You may be able to wait on the face lift

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/before_n_after_set.php?procedure=chin_augmentation&id=06

Slender Jawline

+2
To address your major concern, while it is impossible to make recommendations from just your descriptions, you certainly are not too young for a facelift, provided you have certain features that can be improved.  You may never have the TV news jawline, but certainly a more youthful and slender jawline is likely possible.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgeryoftheface.com/pages/face.htm

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle adjustments or facial cosmetic surgery to look younger

+1

You've described a lot of elements of what a youthful face is, and many people on television illustrate that: bright beautiful eyes and a sharp jawline makes one look young or even energetic. When you are younger and overweight, not just on the body but also in the face - due to genetics and the way the fat is distributed- can make you look older. You have choices for procedure. However, if you are 20 pounds overweight, adjustments to your lifestyle and diet will build a strong foundation for your appearance. Being in peak physical fitness and looking young goes together - basically, being healthier helps! To better define the jawline, you can opt to have facial liposuction or other procedures determined by a board certified cosmetic surgeon. If you do consider improving the appearance of the eyelids, eyelid surgery is an option. 

Web reference: http://www.prasadcosmeticsurgery.com

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facelift at 34?

+1

There really isn't too much visible deformity.  I agree that lifestyle modification is a better idea than invasive surgery.  But I also agree that limited incision lift with ptosis repair could be considered and may be beneficial.

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Aging Gracefully

+1

Age 50 is a milestone that is commonly associated with signs of facial aging. You have common findings that often make patients look heavier in the neck and older around the eyes. Blepharoplasty and face lifts can certainly help. Great question.

Face lift in a 34 year old

+1

From the limited pictures you provided I suspect you've had more significant weight fluctuation and possibly extensive sun exposure that has caused loss of skin elasticity and joweling. Also, it appears that you may not have a great facial bone structure with low profile cheeks and chin. Frequently in such cases, I recommend cheek and chin implants which can dramatically improve the volume, contour and projection of the face and bring every thing into better balance. It is important to maintain your weight and undertake routine skin care with adequate sun protection especially since you live in Florida.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is 34 to young for a face lift?

+1

I have performed face lifts for over 20 years and from your photos, you are a candidate for a minimum incision Face Lift with shaping of the cheeks, IMHO.  Your eyebrows appear low and may be the reason there's upper eyelid fullness.  This is corrected with a Brow lift.  Faces and people age at different rates, some early, some later in life.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Facelift

+1

Though a facelift can't stop the aging process, the procedure can slow it down, improving the most visible signs of aging by tightening underlying muscles, removing excess fat and re-draping skin of the face and neck. 

+1

You are quite young to be considering facial cosmetic surgery. Try weight loss, skin care therapies, fillers first. Surgery is invasive and can result in scars. Be careful out there.