Facelift Expert in New York for Younger Patients.

I’m a 45 year old woman who will be in New York beginning of September and Im planning to consult with at least 5 surgeons. Which surgeon would you recommend as a facelift expert for younger patients in New York ? I subtly want to lift the area around the jowls- I already tried hyaluronic acid fillers and do not believe in fat grafting.

Face lift surgery is in New York for younger patients

+2

If there is one thing that the New York metro area has in great abundance is highly qualified plastic surgeons. You will have no problem finding many good names. Of course without a photograph is very difficult to advise a patient. Some people in this category do extremely well using just SmartLipo in the neck and along the jowl area. The results can often look just like a lower facelift. You have burned no bridges in doing this because years later one could certainly go ahead and do more invasive surgery. Just another option and I hope it is of some help.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Facelift for younger patients

+2

47 is an ideal time to have a facelift because there is far less loss of facial fat and less skin laxity compared to someone in their 60's. Elevation of the midface and jowl with or without fat grafting gives a pleasing result.

While there are myriad techniques to accomplish this, a simple minimally-invasive approach with limited undermining and SMAS plication works well.  If there is mild laxity in the neck, then the neck can be corrected without a separate incision under the chin and undermining of the neck skin. With less undermining, recovery is quicker.

In your effort to get a good result, ask your plastic surgeon exactly where the scars will be, for example, along the helix, behind the tragus, and under the lobule with a small platform of skin to replace the cheek flap without tension. Examine before and after pictures to see if the ear is in normal position or if the lower ear is pulled forward. Decide if the trade-off of a scar that is anterior to the sideburn hair that prevents the hairline from moving up is right for you vs. a less visible scar inside the hairline that can result in elevating the hairline.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Facelift options

+2

Obviously, without seeing a picture it is impossible to say what your best options are, but there are many new techniques that are great for younger patients with only early signs of facial aging.  These include a short scar lower facelift as well as a combinations of non-surgical options that do not include fat grafting. I can discuss your options in detail when you are in New York. see drschulmanplasticsurgery.com or give my office a call at 212-289-1851

Face lift in 40's

+1

There are many experienced facial plastic surgeons and each surgeon has a unique set of skills and tools which may make him or her the best surgeon for that unique problem.  It is difficult to say what you need without seeing your photos.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/before_n_after_set.php?procedure=cheek_lift&id=01

New york facelift surgeon

+1

Thomas Romo M.D., F.A.C.S. on Park Avenue is a fantastic and highly reputable surgeon, he will do a fantastic job for you.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift in Younger Patient

+1

The MACS Lift and other "short scar" facelifts were originally designed for someone your age with the problem you stated. Now we have expanded it to include all ages because it does not cause many of the problems of the traditional facelift. I would Google MACS Lift or short scar facelift in New York and start there. 

Web reference: http://www.todaysfacelift.com/facelift.htm

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Best Plastic surgeon for facial rejuvenation in new york area.

+1
I happen to perform a lot facelifts in younger patients in your age group. I believe the operation is very successful in younger patients because the skin has better elasticity and redrapes better. I have patients coming from other states and even from oversees. Morristown is an hour train ride from New York city. And is very beautiful without the traffic and the difficulty getting around. There are several hôtels near our office or surgery center where you could stay and we would be happy to make all thé arrangements. You can find information about Morristown on my web site under patient info. Please feel free to look at the face lift pictures on my web site under photo gallery/face. Please contact us by email or phone.

Web reference: Http://www.BetterPlasticSurgery.com

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Facelift in your forties

+1

While your mid forties is on the younger end of the spectrum for facelift surgery, it is still a highly effective technique in the right patient and right surgeon! You describe treatment of the jowl region as your primary concern.  You are correct in noticing that fillers are not entirely effective in treating the jaw line area. Nothing works so well as a gentle, properly performed lift. 

Your concern over fat grafts is something you should talk about with your surgeon.  Fat grafting can be an excellent, very natural choice in some patients. It is particualry effective in the cheek and nasolabial area.

Good luck with you procedure and finding the right surgeon for you,

Michael S. Suzman MD