Facelift with Chin Lift and Blepharoplasty March 2010, Unhappy With Eyelid Results, What Can I Do? (photo)

I am coming up on a year since my facelift surgery and am unhappy with the blepharoplasty results. My surgeon agrees that he will have to do more to achieve proper results on my neck but when I said I was concerned about my eyes, he said it was just my skin. After paying a small fortune for this surgery and understanding that the results would last for years, I am disappointed. I really like my surgeon but I am not happy with the results.

Your eyelids look natural

+1

Your postoperative result seems pretty natural. You certainly have a crepy appearance to your facial skin, in general, that laser resurfacing would help with the most. This holds true for the upper eyelids. You also have a very subtle droop [ptosis] to the upper eyelids. If this is addressed, a little more skin excision of the upper eyelid might be beneficial. An in-person consultation is needed. Often the expectation of the patient  outweighs what is surgically possible.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Surgery

+1

I have to agree with all the other surgeons in this discussion panel.  The apparent problem is not obvious in your photograph.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Better blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) results.

+1
I wish you told us what you don't like about your results. I am wondering if it is the upper lids. If m'y guesses correct you might need a revision surgery to remove some fat and muscle from the upper lid to make it less full. Today in plastic surgery there is a big accent on conserving fat and soft tissue. Therefore it is not unusual to see under treated area. I obviously haven't examined you and my words are completely based on the pictures that you have provided. If you are unhappy and your surgeon can't address the issues, try to consult an experienced plastic surgeon in your area.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty Results

+1

Upper eyelid surgery is best done conservatively. Most patients want a natural look, and not  a "hollowed out" appearance for the eyes. For that reason it is good to leave some fat and even skin around the upper eye. If the skin is not crepy looking it is not necessarily a sign of age. In your case, it is impossible to say for sure without an in-person consultation. Good luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. You need more skin removal in the upper lids based only on your comments and photos. Seek in person second opinions for secondary upper lid blepharoplasty. 

Can you tell us why you are unhappy with your eyelid surgery?

+1

It is clear that you are unhappy with your eyelid surgery.  Looking at the after photograph, it is not immediately obvious what you might be unhappy with.  It might be helpful if you could point to or describe why you are not happy with the surgical results.