Can I Get a Facelift if I Already Have 3 or 4 Syringes of Juvederm in my Face?

Will I get good results or should I take a filler break for a year before a lift?

Timing of Facelift and Fillers in the Face

+2

This thoroughly depends on where you have had the filler. If it has been injected in the perioral or nasolabial area, then facial rejuvenation is fine to do anytime as these fillers are not touched by facial rejuvenation or facelift techniques.

Facelift after Filler

+1

Provided you are happy with the placement of the filler and the filler is not disrupted during the facelift, facelift would not be contraindicated.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Facelift with 3 or 4 syringes of Juverdem already in face.

+1

Most would say that it would be fine to proceed.  It depends a bit on your particular face and where the Juvederm was placed.  Often plastic surgeons will place fillers and fat to volumize the face at the time of the facelift.  Some surgeons may want to have you wait if they have a specific question about your face and where the filler was placed.  Best to ask your board certified, experienced surgeon and ask.  Together, you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Face lift after Fillers and Juvederm

+1

You can consider waiting 6 months to a year. It depends on where you received the juvederm. If it is under the eyes and if not near where your facelift would be performed, I don't think you need to wait.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes

+1

Our faces lose volume as we age, and having filler in your face will likely enhance results from your facelift.  Be aware, though, that you may have to continue to augment those areas after your facelift, or have a fat grafting procedure to more permanently replace the volume that you have lost over time.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

+1

We often recommend facial fillers while combining with a facelift. It compliments a facelift nicely.  As we age we often lose or the fat pads in the cheeks drop so adding volume to the cheeks gives a youthful appearance. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Fillers and facelifts

+1

The juvederm in general is helpful to replace volume loss in your face. i would suggest however that you wait until you feel the Juvederm has dissolved before having a consult for your facelift. 4-6 months.  As a surgeon I need to examine the face in its stable condition  to determine the areas that require surgical lifting.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and Fillers are Synergistic

+1

No problem. You age by three factors - sagging (through gravity and time), loss of volume (counteracted by fillers), and skin texture (determined by environmental and genetic factors). Your fillers should enhance your effect of the lifting if placed appropriately by addressing one of the causes of aging

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Absolutely. It will likely help your result.

+1

As we age, our facial tissues not only descend, but they lose volume.  Lifting deflated tissue may give an unnatural result.  The additional volume from Juvederm will like only enhance your final result.  

I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift After Juvederm Injection Should Be Possible

+1

Dear sunflowers1965-

In general, it should be safe to undergo a facelift after 3-4 syringes of Juvederm.  The area under the skin with a typical facelift will not expose the areas of Juvederm and other dermal filers, so your end result should not be compromised.  I assume that you have already discussed when and where you had your Juvederm injections in your face with your plastic surgeon.  

Best Wishes with your facial rejuvenation!

Roy Kim, MD

Roy Kim, MD