How Soon Can I Have a Facelift After an Obagi (3 Layers) Blue Peel

Timing of facelift after blue peel

+1

Typically you would want to wait about six weeks but you should specifically ask the surgeon who will be performing your facelift.

Facelift after Obagi Blue Peel

+1

The Obagi Blue Peel is not deep, you should wait 4-6 weeks before having a facelift. My recommendation is conservative, but obviously your decision will be made following the instructions of your facelift surgeon.

Other major facial procedures should be done no sooner than 6 months after a major resurfacing, deep chemical peel

+1

This is a question I would ask your doctor. If you took 7-10 days to heal from the oozing. Then I would wait at least 6 months before a major facial rejuvenation procedure.  Some may consider another one at 3 months, but you have to be pretty well healed. There are alternatives to a face lift.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

#facelift, #facialcontour, #beauty, #cosmeticsurgery, #faceliftlongevity

+1

Dear mwe,

thank you for your question!

The timing will depend on your response to the peel.  A few weeks is a relatively good time for healing- although it may be better to do the Face Lift First.

With Warmest Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

+1

I have performed Face Lifts and facial resurfacing for over 20 years and the general rule is to separate these two procedures by a minimum of 6 months.  This is recommended to ensure proper healing of the skin.  Minimally invasive Face Lifts heal more easilly due to the limited tissue trauma compared to traditional Face Lifts, IMHO.

Rhinoplasty after an obagi peel

+1

Typically, this is not a very deep peel and you should be safe to undergo the procedure within two to three weeks provided you have healed up enough from the peel, that is, absence of redness or pinkness to skin.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Very controversial question, at time of surgery, months later, within a few weeks are posted. If we allow logic to be our guide, I would opt for 2 to 3 weeks because of the risk that external damage to the skin after internal damage by the lifting could cause scarring. But see what your chosen surgeon recommends. 

Peel and facelift

+1

I commonly perform a deep TCA Peel along with facelifts. This way you recuperate from Only 1 procedure. Unless you are a smoker, In which case you probably should not be doing the surgery anyway, There should be no limit to doing them simultaneously.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Facelifts and peels

+1

Although the skin is healed in a week.  consideration should be given to 6 weeks of healing to allow much of the inflamation and swelling to diminish..  I would prefer to do the lift first or at the same time as the peel

It is better to have the facelift first.

+1

The reason for this is that chemically peeling over the facelift scars can help hide them.  I would recommend healing about a week to 10 days before having the blue peel.  Of course the blue peel is expensive for what it is.  For less money you can get much the same effect with a 20% TCA chemical peel.