Do I Need a Facelift at 35?

I'm 35 years old and in the past year my skin has lost elasticity and is horribly ugly and saggy for my age. Everyone tells me I look fine but I think they are lying. It seems to get worse every day. I'm wondering if fillers would be enough to address the problem or if I am a severe case of bad aging at 35 and need a facelift? I used to have young , plump skin and was always told I look young for my age. But I lost all the volume in my face it seems almost overnight.

Facelift at 35?

+1

Certainly, age is not the determining factor in deciding whether one is "ready" for a facelift.  Of course, you are younger than most who seek this option.  But without photos, one can not really answer you with confidence.  try reposting your question with photos.  Good luck!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facelift at 35

+1

If the issue is volume loss, then the volume may be able to be restored without a facelift with filler or facial fat grafting.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Facial Aging: Volume Loss and Saggy Skin

+1

If you've noticed a significant change in a short amount of time, you may want to see a physician in case there are other health factors that could be causing this besides aging. While at 35 you may not be ready for face lift surgery, you may be showing signs of aging: dissent and volume loss. Dissent is when part of the face or body begin to droop downward, such as the skin, cheeks, and eyes. Volume loss is when the features lose their fullness, such as hollowing in the cheek area. Elements of a youthful face change due to aging and can make one appear older that he or she is. A healthy lifestyle with appropriate diet, exercise and sleep also plays an important role in looking your best. Instead of a face lift, there are options to add volume, such as injectables fillers. At my practice in New York, the Vampire Facelift® is a great option for patients who aren't quite ready for surgery to restore volume in the face. I recommend finding a qualified cosmetic surgeon who can properly address your situation.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Options for lost elasticity and sagging skin

+1

Since age is not as important as a patient’s actual anatomy in making such a judgment, a photograph would be needed for proper analysis.

Adding volume may help, options include non surgical means (fillers) or  considering fat grafting.These procedures add volume and reduce signs of aging without the need for more intrusive surgery.If sagging is the main issue as you mentioned you may want to consider a mini-face lift such as the MACS or Lite Lift procedure.

It is advisable that a patient seek the expertise of a board-certified surgeon in deciding whether or not to go through with the procedure.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Do I Need a Facelift at 35?

+1

Photos would help in the evaluation.  I have performed Face Lifts for over 22 years and IMHO, age has little to do with what's required to make the face more youthful in a naturally, attractive manner.  It does have everything to do with understanding and following the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.  Hence the need for photos.  

Loose skin, in a general sense, is best addressed by it's tightening and removal which means some form of Face Lift however, pulling the tissues, of the face alone (no matter how much or at what level it's done) will not create the proper aesthetic shape to the face.  This must be created, IMO, by shaping the cheeks in whatever manner your face requires...whether it's shaping existing fatty tissue or adding volume to specific areas of the cheeks using fillers like Perlane or with Cheek Implants.  To me, the real question would be "whether fillers or cheek implants alone could shape your cheeks without a Face Lift at this point?"

Global facial rejuvenation options at 35

+1

You certainly need to sit down with a  good facial plastic surgeon in your area.  It's impossible to give any kind of concrete recommendations without photographs, but you have already answered the question partly yourself.

You wrote, " I lost all the volume in my face..."  Indeed, this is one of the most important aspects of facial aging, and one which is not necessarily addressed by a facelift.  GIven your age,  I would suspect that your best option will be in the form of some sort of volume replacement like fat transfer,  Sculptra, etc.  Standard hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, etc) are good for treating specific problem areas but become prohibitively expensive for global facial rejuvenation.  Best wishes, MKB

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift options

+1

It is difficult to give you an opinion without seeing any photographs, but there are several options for helping to restore a more youthful appearance to the face.

In your thirties, most people would tend to favour a more conservative option than a facelift such as using fillers or fat grafting to add volume and reduce signs of aging.

Surgery is an option, but one that would usually be reserved for women slightly older than your age group.

-Dr. Asaria, FACE Cosmetic Surgery

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 35

+1

if you got a facelift at thirty five that would be the youngest i have heard of.  i agree that without photos it is impossible to tell if you are a candidate.  most of my patients are in their 50's which i think is the perfect age to start. in my training i did particiapte on a facelift on a 40 something patient, and i think the results justified the surgery even at that young age.  with that said 35 is still quite young.  i wonder if much of what you want changed could be done with a brow lift, upper and lower bleph and perhaps some fat grafting and submental lipo (if excess fat present there).  i think that might be more appropriate for your age range.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Do I Need a Facelift at 35?

+1

Impossible to say without photos.

Find a busy and experienced plastic surgeon who doesn't need to operate on everyone who walks in the door.

He or she will recommend the least invasive treatment to get you as close to your desired appearance as possible.

This may range from skin conditioning to injectables and lasers to fat grafting to facelift.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Sagging face at age 35

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – Based on your description it appears that you have loss of facial volume and may benefit from fat grafting.  Face lifts can be performed in 35 year old women and can give produce great results

Sam Naficy, MD