Facelift for 31 Year Old to Tighten Skin?

Hi, I just recently began seeing sagging skin on my face. My tear trough areas began thinning and my cheeks began protruding and sagging a bit. I have been under sleeping and gained some weight due to my work schedule and am working on addressing both of those issues now, but is there anything else I can do.

Do I need a Facelift at 31? What are my options! Thanks!

Tell me you're kidding about the facelift!

+3

Are you serious that you feel you have a sagging face? Do you really think you have problematic tear troughs?

The truth is that based upon that photo, you have neither. Not only are you a "young thirty," you are a beautiful thirty.

If you look at yourself in the mirror and in photographs and truly feel you have an issue, you need to stop and wonder whether your real problem is between your ears rather than in your face.

It may be that your answer isn't speaking with a surgeon- it imay be with speaking with someone who can help you to understand why you don't feel beautiful as you deserve to feel.

Facelift for 31 year old

+2

A Facelift is performed to redrape sagging skin of the mid to lower face and neck. Your photo, consistent with your age, fails to reveal sagging skin and soft tissues. Therefore, you would not derive any benefit from a facelift procedure. It is not indicated and the performance of a procedure of this nature cannot be justified. Furthermore, it does not appear that you would benefit from any so-called skin tightening procedures. Sorry, but this is the reality!

Sigmund L. Sattenspiel, MD
Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your Pictures Suggest You Do Not Need a Facelift

+1

It would be unusual for someone who is only 31 years old to need a facelift.  This procedure addresses skin laxity and redundant skin and your pictures suggest that you have neither.

In this situation mild nasal labial folds might be treated with injectable fillers.  At some point you may eventually need a facelift but not in the foreseeable future. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

+1

I think you look great, I would consider some fat grafting to promote facial harmony and proportions but otherwise you look great

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Do not appear to be a candidate

+1

While age is no longer a primary determinant to be a candidate, your photo does not depict you to be a candidate. Rest, proper diet, and possibly fillers may be a more optimal treatment for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Too young for a facelift?

+1

I think the first thing for you to do is to get some rest and take better care of yourself. After that you might consider fillers for the tear trough or Sculptra to fill up the cheek region, but from what I see on  your photo, a facelift is not required.

Julio Garcia, MD

Facelift at age 31?

+1

A good facelift candidate has sagging skin and volume loss in the face. You have neither. It would be exceedingly rare for a 31 year old to be a candidate for a facelift. Your tear troughs look fine. If I were you I would address lifestye changes in order to get more rest and proper nutrition in order to get the most improvement in your appearance.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Facelift At Age 31 - Is It Needed?

+1

In general, patients do not benefit from a facelift unless you have significant fat atrophy, skin laxity and volume loss which is uncommon without a disease process in such a young age group. In this age group, both fillers and botulinum toxins are used to fill and to shape the face. You can use a variety of fillers such as Radiesse for malar shaping, Restylane for tear troughs, and for the lips Juvederm Ultra works well also. In general, it is not generally recommended to do a facelift at this young age. 

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Too Young for a facelift

+1

You're not a candidate for a facelift.  Facelifts are reserved for individuals who have considerable sagging and loss of elastic tissue and need to have these tissues repositioned back to where they were in youth.  As we age, our skin also changes with lines, brown spots, textural changes and our face also loses volume in the form of fat, muscle, and bone.  The best things you can do is put yourself on a good sleeping schedule, take care of your diet, exercise, drink plenty of water, use a daily moisturizer and sunscreen, eat plenty of fiber and antioxidants.  In addition, if you still feel that you are seeing some changes, more than likely you're experiencing the beginning of volume loss and may be a candidate for fillers such as juvederm or restylane in the tear trough region, along the jaw, and in the cheeks but this would be after trying the above suggestions.  I would avoid surgery and enjoy your 30's...you're a beautiful young woman.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

A FACELIFT IN THE 30'S - NOT NECESSARY - USE BOTOX AND FILLERS INSTEAD

+1

For a refreshed, younger, and radiant look you NEED to change your lifestyle.

Make time for yourself in your hectic schedule.

Address the following areas:

1. SLEEP,
  2. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, AND
  3. A BALANCED DIET.

Once you have taken care of the above and still find yourself not as radiant as you would like to be, then you can try simple non surgical rejuvenation techniques such as:

1. Botox and
  2. fillers

YOU ARE NOT A CANDIDATE FOR A FACELIFT AT 31,

AND THE MAJORITY IN THEIR 30'S ARE NOT EITHER.

Dr. Carlos Cordoba
MDCM, CSPQ, FRCS, FACS
Plastic & Esthetic Surgeon
4055 Ste-Catherine O. Suite 100
Montreal, QC. Canada H3Z 3J8
514-932-7667

Carlos Cordoba, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon