Facelift at 31? Tried Fillers and Fat Graft and Neither Helped?

Im 31,my nose to mouth lines age my face dramatically. Its had a negative impact on my confidence.I've tried fillers (twice)&fat grafting, neither helped. I have researched all available options & decided on a facelift. I feel that the best for me would be a mid facelift. Since theres no heavy sagging of muscle/fat would I benefit from just pulling back the skin? Where would the incisions best be made? Would that give me a windblown look? What other minimally invasive facelift)option is there?

Facelift vs. Midfacelift for 31 Year Old

+2

Yes, these are typical cases where the midfacelift can be of benefit, with limited downtime and rather impressive results in the appropriate patient.  You can see many examples of how these midfacelifts are performed, with the incision made within the creases around and behind the ears so it can be well concealed.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

I have performed Face Lifts for over 22 years and IMHO aesthetically, the face should have adequate volume in the cheek and chin areas to be aesthetically and naturally attractive.  It rarely is just a matter of removing excess skin.  Facial contouring, using Cheek and/or Chin Implants, is often combined with a minimal incision Face Lift that uses smaller incisions and has a very rapid recovery time.  While fillers can be used as a reliable method of facial contouring, IMO fat transfer/injections do not have the same degree of reliability and for that reason, I have not used them since 1990.  Hope this helps.

Facelift

+1

It is rare to do a facelift on someone that young but it would not be rogue to do so. Potentially doing a much higher volume fat grafting will get you where you want to be

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Nasolabial Fold Improvement

+1

The nasolabial folds are not improved to a great extent with facelift techniques alone.  Sometimes a densely adherent fold needs to be released underneath to get an improvement with fat or filler.  This may be the reason the previous attempts were unsuccessful.

Facelift at 31?

+1

At 31, you are a bit young to be considering any type of facelift. There are many ways to improve the appearance of the nasolabial folds, and you do not necessarily have to resort to surgery. What type of fillers did you use in the past? Perlane or Radiesse work fantastic for that area. In general, when performing a facelift, you do not want to pull the skin back. This is what will create the wind-blown look you mentioned. Lifting the face vertically is best, and will result in the most natural look. And ideally, the skin will not be pulled too tight, as this will result in an unnatural appearance. A mini facelift is not as long of an incision and the dissection is not as extensive. With a mini facelift, there is less time in surgery and typically a lower cost. You will not likely benefit from this treatment at your age. From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. He or she will be able to assess your needs and help develop a plan for you to improve the area that is bothering you. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Facelift at 31 - ?reasonable

+1

Without photographs or an exam it is impossible to answer your question. However, advice from a board certified Plastic Surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon would be recommended to see if surgery is a reasonable option

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Facelift for nasolabial folds

+1

In the long term facelift doesn't improve nasolabial folds. This has been shown again and again over the past 40 years. Fillers, though imperfect, are the best choice for you.

J. Brian Boyd, MD

Facelift at age 31

+1

It is unusual to have a surgical lift at age 31.  Having said that, and having no pictures to review, it sounds like a mini-lift with SMAS plication is best suited for your needs.   A vertical mid-face lift would be more appropriate for a more aged problem of a sagging mid-face.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Combination Fillers and Surgery

+1

While most surgeons would consider you too young for facelift surgery, it may well be an option to be considered in your situation.  However, it is likely that even with some form of facelift or mid-facelift surgery, additional fillers and/or fat grafting would provide the most optimal result.  Regarding lifting procedures, it is unlikely that you would require a traditional full facelift, as a less invasive, "short scar" technique could provide adequate pull at least in the lower aspect of the "nose-mouth lines" you describe.  There's no procedure that is necessarily better than another, but the key is that the pull is upward in the cheeks, rather than sideways.  This will produce a natural appearance and avoid the "windblown look" you want to stay away from. 

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

31 too young for face lift/ los 31 aƱos son demasiado joven para un face lift

+1

try first botox and after, autofat mixed with plastma and  i am  sure this will satisfy completely to you.

however if you try it can be done a frontal muscle tenon plication on hairline in order to avoid  any viscible scar, perhaps a platysma plication with a retroauricular and infrauricular incition

sin embargo trata botox i autoimplante de grasa y plasma  con resultados espectaculares y si insistes  quiza una plicatura del musculo frontal por  via piel cabelluda para no dejar cicatriz alguna viscible, quiza  tambien una plicatura del platisma  por via infra y retroauricular sin dejar  cicatriz  viscible

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon