Are there non surgical ways to tighten the loose skin around my jawline after weight loss?

lost some weight and now my jaw line is looser and my lower face.dont want a face lift yet

Facial skin tightening

+1
Good question.  However, the answer is complicated by the fact that so much is dependent on the quality of your skin.  An examination is the only way to accurately address your question.  Laser resurfacing, Venus Freeze, Thermage and others may help. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Loose neck skin after weight loss

+1
The amount of elasticity and inelasticity of the neck skin will determine what procedure to perform. Significant weight loss when patients are in their 50s and 60s will most likely require a face lift due to the extensive amount of excess skin present in the neck from both the aging process and weight loss. Fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle  are removed at the time of  the facelift as well as tightening the muscles in the neck in 3 locations. For many examples a facelift  results in our practice, please see  the link below

Non-surgical lower face and jawline tightening: Ultherapy

+1
Yes, there are non-surgical ways to tighten the lower face, jowls, and neck area. Let me preface this with the fact that, if you need a surgical face lift (lower face and neck lift), none of the non-surgical techniques are going to give you the same results as surgery.

If you have mild to moderate jowling, loose skin, and possibly some excess fatty tissue, then less invasive means can give great results. For someone that has excess fatty tissue and loose skin, my favorite treatment is to do tumescent liposuction followed by Ultherapy on the same day. The results can be amazing. For someone who doesn't have excess fatty tissue, I recommend Ultherapy as the sole treatment. Some patients may benefit from a second Ultherapy treatment done 4 - 6 months after the first.

There are other non-invasive tightening devices, however, in my opinion, Ultherapy is the gold standard. It is an ultrasound tightening device that places high frequency ultrasound waves at 4.5mm depth, 3mm depth, and 1.5 mm depth. These waves create heat. By heating and basically destroying the underlying tissues, it allows for new cells and collagen to come in, replace the old, and tighten and lift the tissues. There is no damage to the outer skin layer because the ultrasound waves completely skip past it. The technology is amazing.

You should schedule a consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon, dermatologic surgeon, or plastic surgeon to find out what is best for you.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon