Will I Be Able to Face The Public 11 Days After MAC Lift and Bleroplasty?

I am having liposuction to thighs and abdomen as well as MAC's lift and maybe bleroplasty will i beable to face the public after 11 days as I am running a training course. I will also be flying back on day 11 on a 9 hour flight.

MACS lift and Blepharoplasty Recovery

+2

Recovery after facelift usually takes two weeks to look presentable, but there is wide variability based upon technique and surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

After MAClift, be on the safe side and recover for a minimum of two weeks

+2

It takes time to recover from MAC lift and blepharoplasty.  After MAClift, be on the safe side and recover for a minimum of two weeks.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Facing the public after face lift

+2

Always assume the worst. It usually takes two to three weeks for the bruising and most of the swelling to go.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Recovery Time from MAC Lift and Blepharoplasty

+2

Possible, but I think you are cutting it too close. Although many of my patients are able to recover as fast as you would like, it is  unpredictable who will bruise or how long the swelling will last. For example if you have high blood pressure, or get sick to your stomach this greatly increased your potential to bruise which may be noticeable.

Best to give yourself more time to heal, although possible. The below link discusses the typical recovery period and video link discussed instructions I give my patients to recover quickly.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Recovery after MACS Lift & Blepharoplasty

+2

Most of my patients who undergo this surgery are back to most activities within about 8 days with a little help from camouflage makeup to hide the minimal bruising. I had one patient back working in a very public job at 12 days and another at her son’s wedding at 19 days. We also use a regimen of vitamins and anti-bruising medications perioperatively.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after MACS facelift and Blepharoplasty

+2

In most cases, a patient should be presentable and be able to go out in public 11 days after a MACS (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) Facelift and blepharoplasty.  You may still have some minor swelling and or bruising at this point but should be able to mask this well with make-up.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Face public after facelift and blepharoplasty

+2

You'll be able to face the public but you'll need a good excuse for the ecchymosis and bruising. Youll also be swollen and very self conscious. Give it a week or two longer and emerge like a butterfly from a cocoon.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Will I Be Able to Face The Public 11 Days After MACS Lift and blepharoplasty?

+1
Dear Debbie,
11 days post MACS lift and blepharoplasty MAY be a bit ambitious to be out in public and to have no one notice you've recently had surgery. Even under the best of circumstances, the eyelids are very prone to swelling. While you will be able to cover bruising (if you have any) with make-up, there may still be residual swelling that can distort the eyelids and be obvious. The MACS lift swelling generally occurs in front of the ears and below the jawline and may be hidden at 11 days if you have a long enough hairstyle to cover your ears. If you do proceed and all goes perfectly you may be able to get away with it, but it could be cutting it close. Good luck.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Facelift recovery

+1

Depending on the type of facelift procedure, I recommend that my patients take off at least 1 week from work/social engagements.   There may be some mild bruising which can be easily covered up by mineral based foundation makeup.  Most of my patients are able to go back to work 1-2 weeks post surgery.  I clear my face lift patients to resume activity as tolerated (strenuous activity or working out) approximately 3-4 weeks after surgery.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Recovery time after MACS facelift

+1

In general the recovery time after a MACS lift is a bit quicker than after a traditional facelift because there is less undermining of the skin, and the deep layer of the lift is accomplished with sutures rather than dissection. However, recovery times vary. The last one we did was socially presentable at 1 week but that canot be promised in every case.

Richard Baxter, MD