Face Swollen After Chin Implant? (photo)

Hi , I have a question. I had a chin implant (size small) 3 days ago with local anesthesia. The Dr. put in a lot of licodaine. Now my face is very swollen : my 2 cheeks. My chin is swollen but not too much. My 2 cheeks however are so swollen, and my left lower lip is still numb while my right lower lip I can feel things, hot and cold. What happened? Should I be worried? What can I do to reduce the swelling fast Thanks

Face Swollen After Chin Implant?

+1

PLEASE call your surgeon NOW to be seen just to make sure you are OK! From the posted photo you appear to have a redness which COULD be a sign of an infection. Please seek care. 

Swelling after Chin Augmentation

+1

Dear Noseugly, I personally do not do chin augmentations under just local anesthesia.  My anesthesiologist provides some I.V. sedation to my patients to avoid the extra injections and I prefer this as the healing time and swelling is reduced. If you had just injections and no I.V. sedation then perhaps the excess swelling that I see in your photographs is from the local injections themselves. If it has been only three days since your procedure then you should see this dissipate shortly. The chin area does not look very swollen and appears to be within normal range of recovery. See your surgeon for follow up and discuss your concerns and he/she should be able to set your mind at ease. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD