Face Swelling or Excess Skin After Rhinoplasty?

I had an open rhinoplasty one month ago, and I still have swelling around my cheeks, nose, and jaws. I had my bones narrowed to reduce the width and tip refined. Is this normal to have this much facial swelling after surgery? Also, where does the skin go after the bones have been narrowed? Does the extra skin go into your face? I have lines one the side of my nose down to my mouth (naso... lines) that weren't there before. Is it swelling causing this? Thank you for all that you do!

Facial Swelling or Excess Skin after Rhinoplasty

+1

You are probably observing prolonged post-operative swelling. The only place that excess skin can be a problem  is in the tip with thick skin after the tip has been extensively reduced. This will cause increased width of the tip.

Permanent removal of glabellar lines.

+1

Yes, the muscle can be cut but you may still have some movement from the outer part of the muscle. Also the lines may still need a filler if they are very deep.