Half my seems to be getting skinnier. is it possible or the face to completely sink in & cause a disability or damage? (photo)

I recently noticed that half my face is getting thinner and when i touch the area it even feels thinner. What could cause this? And is it possible or the face to completely sink in and cause a disability or damage? What could also help to correct this and make it more even again?

Worried about facial changes

+1
Your photos show a beautiful young woman with the normal, slight asymmetry that everyone has.
I see nothing that should be treated and nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, it is your face. If you feel something is definitely changing on one side, do this:
  • find any photos you have from the past two years that are similar.
  • take them with you to a consultation with  a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation
  • Do not have surgery but have standard facial photos and ask to be followed with an exam and photos every 6 months for 2 years.
  • If anything unusual is happening, it will be discovered and - whatever it may be - can be treated.
  • Best wishes.

Half my seems to be getting skinnier. is it possible or the face to completely sink in & cause a disability or damage?

+1
Hi and thanks for the question. Please understand that symmetry in the human being simply does not exist. There will always be differences between one side of the face and the other. I was unable to detect any significant difference in your right and left sides. 

Instead, what I did noticed were some very attractive features. You have very pretty lips that play well with the distance to the base of your  attractive nose ( at least from the front view). You've got beautifully arched eyebrows. 

Pictures only tell one side of the story, if you are very concerned you should set up an appointment with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have a physical exam, there is no substitute.

I wish the best. Good luck.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Everyone's face is asymmetric

+1
Everyone's face has some degree of asymmetry. Your photos are in the range of normal. If concerned see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Enjoy and celebrate your beautiful face, don't look For imperfections.

+1
From the photograph There appears to be nothing wrong with your beautiful face.Don't be to self-critical and by all means don't let anyone operate on.

Half my face is getting skinnier.

+1
Your area of concern is not visible on these photos. Almost everyone has some degree of asymmetry to their facial bony structures or there overlying soft tissues. However if you are concerned you certainly could obtain an evaluation by a PS. There are a number of soft tissue filler options that are currently available.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

+1
Posted photo DO NOT demonstrate what you are concerned about. Best to seek IN PERSON visits. A thought might be Juvederm's Voluma filler injections... 

Is the right side of my face getting thinner and what can I do about it?

+1
  • It's difficult to tell from your photographs. There are some rare conditions where one side of the face both been out in terms of subcutaneous tissue and skin. There are treatment options including fat grafting and or the use of fillers. I would suggest that you consult a local board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your situation and discuss treatment options

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon