Is My Face Peeling Too Quickly?

Setting: 1100. Treatment Area: Whole Face. Stacking On Scars. Purpose: Get Rid Of Acne Scars Doc's Estimated Number of Treatment:3 It's been 67 hours since treatment, but most of the dead skin already came off. By Day 2, my face did not hurt anymore. I don't really peel my skin, the dead skin came off throughout the day but mostly when I washed my face (once a day). The new skin does not look pink. I look normal. Since my dead skin came off so quickly, will it affect my results?

Skin Peeling Too Quickly After Laser

+1

I would strongly recommend that you ask this question to the Doctor who performed the procedure.  The reasons are that different lasers yield different results, different skin types heal at variable rates, there may be some aspect of postoperative care that is not being done completely or properly, and because your Doctor should want you to have a good result.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing

+1

Not only is there not enough information, such as the type of laser and make of laser, but all the energy settings are not included in your question. Furthermore, your skin is different from someone elses and everyone heals differently.  In addition, different lasers do work differently.  I often get much better results with mutliple minimal downtime procedures with Fraxel Restore laser than one aggressive procedure such as the Fraxel Repair laser that can take 12 days, or so, to heal.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Laser therapy for facial scars

+1

This is not necessarily an inidcation of a "successful" outcome. Lasers can have ablative resurfacing or can have fractionated dose therapy. In either event the recovery is different.