Will my Face Look Odd if I Don't Have a Face Lift when I Have Under Eye Surgery

I am 56 years of age, I have fairly good skin but it is just starting to jowl a bit by my jaws. I am thinking of having upper and lower eye bag surgery as my top lid has some loose skin and the lower eye has bags and hollows. I think this is the main thing that makes me look old. I was concerned that if I have this operation done, would it make the rest of my face look odd? Would I need any other procedures at the same time?

+3

For many patients the eyelids are the most obvious sign of aging and I suggest that they correct this before pursuing more major procedures like face lift. If you are seeing more age in your eyes than in the rest of your face then that would be a great place to start.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Results

+2

It is important to address those areas which are of concern to you. Always question someone who is trying to talk you into something which does not bother you.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery should not create obvious dysharmony

+2

If you only have very early jowling and you feel that your eyes are most aging feature you have, then you should not have any problem just getting you eyes done without a facelift.

With that said, I am all about facial harmony, and in patients that are considering facial rejuvenation, I usually discuss comprehensive rejuvenation with them. That is correcting ALL areas of the face that show signs of aging, as well as treating the skin with laser resurfacing if needed. This maintains facial harmony, in that all areas of the face go together. This leads to a very natural, very significant rejuvenation where the product is greater than the sum of the parts.

In the end, the decision is obviously yours, and I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever decision you make.

Andrew C. Campbell, M.D.

Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty Without Facelift

+2

Your face will not look odd if you only have surgery to improve your upper and lower eyelids. It is often said that the eyes are the first part of the face we look at. Having said that, you would probably get a much better result if you had a facelift at the same time, since elevating the midface improves the periorbital (around the eyes) area as well. Of course, this is a choice you should make regarding your objectives and desires. You can always hace a facelift later. From El Paso.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Facelift with eyelid surgery

+2

The decision to have periorbital surgery with a facelift is very individualized.

Statistically, patients notice periorbital aging before before they notice facial aging.  However there are patients whose neck and ja

You and your plastic surgeon can decide whether to do both procedures or just one.

Web reference: http://www.drbrent.com/360facelift-procedure.php

Eyes only or add face lift

+1

If one part of the face is rejuvenated in excess of the rest it may at times draw attention to the parts that were not rejuvenated.  This is why we often perform a comprehensive facial rejuvenation for optimal balance and harmony

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/before_n_after_set.php?procedure=fat_injection&id=06

Eyelid surgery alone without Facelift can give an excellent result and not make the rest of the face look odd

+1

Eyelid rejuvenation alone with upper and lower Blepharoplasty can create a striking facial rejuvenation without the need for a Facelift.

On the other hand, having a Facelift without correcting eyes that show significant aging changes can certainly distract from the benefit of a good Facelift.

The eyes are "the window to the soul" the first and most important facial feature that people look at and see. A well done upper and lower Blepharoplasty can rejuvenate the appearance of the entire face

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/face-lift/

Facelift With Eyelift Surgery

+1

Without a picture it is hard to say specifically, however it sounds like you can put off facelift or other face work for a few years. In most individuals the eyes age faster than the face. We perform eye surgery alone on many patients who may eventually get facelift surgery and they look great.

Web reference: http://www.aventuraplasticsurgery.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift, Mini Face Lift, The Palmer Celebrity Face Lift, Beverly Hills Face Lift

+1

No, not at all.  When you improve one area, of the face...in this case your eyes, it will not make the face look worse.  You may, after your eyelid surgery, start to look at your face and decide that you'd like even more improvement and then opt for a Face Lift or you may not.  Only time will tell.

Breaking up Face and Eyes. Two recoveries to be considered.

+1

In years gone by, the older surgeons always did face and eyes separately.  Not any more.  With lower impact techniques and accelerated recovery, more and more people are opting to do the facelift WITH the eyes.  But you don't have to.  Do what you are comfortable with.  Just keep in mind:  Two surgeries equals two recoveries.