Half of my Face is Numb After Lower Blepharoplasty

I had my lower blepharoplasty 10 days ago. I have huge bruises and swelling . But what worries me the most is the numbness of the face. The left part of the face down to nose, my nose and the right part down to my mouth numb! It’s difficult to move my upper lip. And numbness in the front tooth too … doctor said that it will be gone in 3-4 days after surgery. I have no changes for the last 10! How can I restore the sensitivity in my face? I constantly feel like I’m in the huge helmet…

Numbness after lower lid eyelid surgery

+1

Just like most areas of facial plastic surgery, there are many different techniques for a lower eyelid lift. While some are just simple skin excisions or fat removal, I believe the more natural results are achieved with lower eyelid fat re-positioning. While this technique yields more natural and better long-term results, the surgery is a little more extensive and involves more dissection. This can cause some stretching of the nerves that bring sensation to the lower lid and upper cheek. Generally stretching of the nerves will start resolving by two weeks, especially if it is due to swelling. However, it may take a few months to return to normal. Unfortunately, other than sleeping with your head elevated, staying on a low sodium diet to minimize fluid retention, it is just a matter of time to let the nerves recover.

Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon