Face Liposuction and Facial V-line and B-line Lifting?

Hello, I underwent surgery to correct my facial asymmetry. Although the asymmetry was minor when looking in person, but when I take photos it's more obvious, so that's why I did the surgery. So I did a little liposuction on my left and right cheek/jowl and v-line/b-line lift on my right face to correct the asymmetry. It's now the 3/01/2013. They say the swelling will go down in 1weeks time, my face is still swollen & bruised, I need to work next week, when will look normal again?i am a little concerned.

Facial Liposuction and Bruising

+1

A lot of this will be technique and patient dependent and, in some ways, is difficult to predict.  By one week, the bruises should be fading but swelling may still be significant.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swelling Resolution After Facial Liposuction and Lift

+1

With these type of facial procedures, a more realistic expectation of most bruising and swelling resolution is closer to three weeks rather than one week after the procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Swelling after surgery

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.  From what you described, only a minor amount of liposuction was done, so the swelling should resolve mostly in 1-2 weeks.  Keeping your head elevated at night and a wearing a compression garment will also help decrease the swelling.  Hope this helps and best of luck.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD