Face Lifting and Fillers to Pump Up My Face?

Can I have a face lifting to fix the wrinkles and have fillers to pump up my face? Can I do them simultaneously?

Absolutely

+2

As faces age, they lose both volume and tone.

Simply "pulling" on the face will not restore the volume that is lost over time.  I routinely perform volume augmentation with fat grafts at the time of a facelift to restore the volume that the face has lost, and think it is the best way to take off years and maintain a natural and "unoperated" look.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall

Adding volume is a great idea

+2
Facial aging includes volume loss as well as laxity. A facelift can help with the laxity, and the technique of facelift I personally perform can even lift the volume of the cheek, but a facelift does not ADD volume to the face. Fat grafting at the same time as a facelift is a great way to tackle both the laxity and the volume loss at the same time. The only other feature of aging not addressed is skin wrinkling which can be treated with laser resurfacing. I frequently perform comprehensive rejuvenation, which consists of multiple procedures such as browlifts, eyelifts, and facelifts, combined with fat grafting and laser resurfacing. Not everyone needs all procedures, but most need several. By performing this in a single procedure, I retain the patient's facial harmony, ultimately giving them extreme rejuvenation that is very natural appearing.

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift and Fillers

+2

Hello, it is usually a good idea to use fillers while having your face lifted. I prefer to use fat with stem cells for a more natural look. Your own fat with stem cells are processed in the operating room and injected. This combination of procedures will also improve the appearance your skin. I would advise you to have a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and ask him about his experience with facial fat grafting. Also look at before and after photos.

David Alessi, MD

Face lifts and fillers

+2

Yes, of course, you can do them at the same time and this is quite commonly done.  used together, you will address both the gravitational changes and the volume loss which occur with age.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facelift and fillers

+2
The procedures can be combined but I prefer to wait for the facelift to settle down to critically evaluate the placement and amount of filler necessary.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Fillers and face lift

+2

It is common for me to add either fillers or fat injections when I perform a facelift.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Facelift, fillers, and wrinkles?

+2

It is very common to do use fillers at the same time as a facelift as performed. Fillers do a nice job restoring volume in the face and effectively adding a third dimension to your appearance which creates a very natural, younger look. 

A facelift is very effective at lifting sagging tissue, however, it is not always effective at fixing wrinkles. Often times, laser resurfacing is more effective at correcting fine lines in the face than a facelift is. Without pictures, it is difficult to determine which would be most effective for you. I would visit with at least two qualified and experienced facial plastic surgeons before you decide to move forward. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

+2

In our practice we often combine facial fillers while having a facelift.  We sometimes do the facial injections while you are under general anesthesia with the facelift surgery.  The combination of both fillers and a facelift give you a very youthful appearance. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Combining facelift with fillers

+2

With age, the skin loses elasticity and becomes redundant -  this is corrected with facelift.  In addition, the subcutaneous tissues and fat atrophy thus making the face to appear "deflated"-  this is usually corrected either with fillers or fat transfer.  It is better to address both of these problems, since neither overlifting or overfilling gives good results.  Many times, facelift can be combined with fat transfer to address both issues simultaneously, so if you decide to go with fat transfer I suggest doing it together with facelift.  The fillers could be used simultaneously with facelift, but rather discretely; meaning, I would consider injecting non-dissected areas with a filler, however I would not recommend placing filler into the operative field.  If large areas need to be augmented with a filler, then I would wait untill after the facelift to do so. Hope this helps.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Sure this is often done together.

+2

Sitha

Not uncommon to have a facelift and while recovering fillers are placed in those areas where the facelift lack the power to make improvements.  This generally includes the perioral area and the under eye area.  There is no substitute for the right cosmetic surgeon.  Do your home work carefully.  It is best if you can find a highly qualified surgeon close to home which makes follow up care easy.