Face Lift. Bothered By My Jowls? (photo)

My jowls are bothering me constantly. I am confused because of how different opinion I get. I have seen some plastic surgerons and some of them say I need surgery , some - that not. So meenwhile I have dome series of different treatments like Ulthera, Fraxel restore , AHA peelings and just recently Co2 laser... Because everybody says some of this treatments wold work. But I see not..So what shold I do?

Face Lift. Bothered By My Jowls?

+2

Try the SLFL (SideLaze FaceLift) from Cynosure to "tighten" your jowls Fee $3,000. Seek CELLULAZE certified doc in your area. 

Jowling and Facelift

+1

Any significant jowling can be remedied by facelifting.  If jowling has not responded to more conservative treatments, then facelift is the next logical choice.  In your case, I would not recommend a facelift at this time due to the minimal benefit you would get.

If non-invasive treatments did not provide the results you wanted then a face lift may be the next step

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  I agree that you do not have a huge amount of jowling but if this bothers you and the non surgical treatments have not given you the results you desire then a facelift would be your next step.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Are Jowls the Problem?

+1

Because of the way your question was written, your history and your photos it seems you are unhappy with your facial appearance and are young enough that the problem may not be due to aging. What stands out in your photos is your very masculine chin and extraordinary neck line. It seems one answre to your inquiry is to recommend a chin reduction genioplasty which would loosen your jawline and a simultaneous midface lift to lift the cheeks slightly and restore the jawline.You are a perfect candidate for computer imaging of your face to explore the possibilities.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Jowls and improving the jawline

+1

Thank you for providing photographs. An exam would be important to see if there is excess jowl fat - if so micro-liposuction and help your situation. I do not thing that your problem is the surface of your skin so that resurfacing procedures like Ulthera, Fraxel restore , AHA peels and CO2 laser will be very helpful. It is not a volume problem so fillers will also not be very helpful.

Probably the most direct way to correct the Jowls and jaw line in general is a mini-face lift such as a MACS, LiteLift or other short scar technique

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Postpone facelift for minimal sagging.

+1

Hi.

You really have minimal sagging.  It can certainly be made better with a short scar facelift but unless you are a model or an actress, I would not recommend it.  Wait a couple of years.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Early Jowl Treatment

+1

Jowls can be disturbing to patients at any age.  Addressing jowls can be done by adding volume to the prejowl sulcus (triangle in front of the jowl- see video), subtracting from extra fat from the jowl itself, or re positioning the jowl itself.  

• Fillers are often a good choice in younger patients.  Fat can be helpful as well.  In select cases a prejowl implant can also help patients achieve a younger appearance as well.
  • Liposuction of the jowl can be done in specific circumstances.  Usually this is done with the portion below the mandible.
  • Re-positioning the jowl usually involves a tightening procedure to the face such as a facelift.  This is the best answer in patients who have little elasticity left in the face.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

How do I get rid of my jowls?

+1

It is important to consider the risks and benefits of surgery before moving forward. Looking at your picture it is my opinion that you have a very nicely defined jaw line with no sagging in the neck. Surgery would provide a very mild improvement that would likely be very difficult to appreciate. Keep in mind that you will need 1-2 weeks to recover. If you consider it from a maintenance perspective an argument could be made to go forward with the procedure although you still need to realize that it will not stop the aging process. 

Another consideration would be volume restoration. This would target the hollowing effect that occurs in the cheeks and give you a very natural, more youthful look. You could try products such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, or fat. I hope this helps.

Todd C. Miller, MD

A facelift is the ultimate treatment but might not always be needed

+1

There are a number of technologies that can help make faces look younger without surgery. Of course, for the best results, nothing beats a facelift, or mini-facelift for a young patient to treat early jowls.

Other technologies may help such as Ulthera. This seems to work best on young people with good elasticity. But large long term studies are still pending on what the true percentage of success it will deliver.

Putting filler such as Juvederm in from of the jowls as well as relaxing the muscle causing the mouth corner depression (called the DAO) can also soften the jowls.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Treatment of Jowls

+1

You have certainly run the gamut of technologies out there to tighten your skin.  If you were sitting in front of me, I would be hard pressed to find anything wrong with your contours that are shown on your photos.  Surgical procedures could certainly be done but I'm concerned you will not get the desired result and only end up with surgical scars and less money in your account.  If you continue to pursue non-invasive technologies, I would press the provider for some kind of assurance that their technology will provide you the result you desire... since through your experiences, you now know many things do not work.

Curtis Wong, MD