Face Lift at Young Age Usually Ridiculous but What if Legtimate?

I am a 24 year old man and I am going to keep it short and tell you that I used to be into facial massage cause I thought it would help me stay young looking and was easy but I got carried away and ended up rubbing my face for too long and too hard (and this is hard to believe but this is for real) and eventually I noticed my face is terribly saggy. I am getting soooo sick of this docs I know I am young but If i show you pics I am certain you will say I legitmately need some kind of skin tightenin

Face lift at age 24

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – but based on your description you may be more in need of volume (i.e. fat grafting) as opposed to a lift.

Too Young for a Facelift?

+1

You do seem a bit young to need a facelift and photos would be helpful in determining if you truly are a good candidate, however, the best candidate for a facelift is a physically healthy person who is realistic in their expectations regarding the appearance of loose facial and neck skin. You do not need to wait until the signs of aging are severe, an increasing number of men and women elect to have facelifts performed at a younger age at the first signs of a sagging lower face - creating a less dramatic and less noticeable result than if they had waited longer. In general, a facelift performed at a younger age creates a longer lasting and more natural appearing lift, enabling you to enjoy the results of your procedure for more years to come. Conversely, so long as you are healthy, a facelift can be performed at any age and can deliver remarkable results. Many healthy patients over 80 years of age enjoy the benefits of a facelift.

Best of Luck, Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift - Face Lift at Young Age Usually Ridiculous but What if Legtimate?

+1

Anything is possible but my general sense is that in the absence of an extreme degree of skin laxity (such as a massive weight loss) it would be very unusual for a facelift to be the appropriate recommendation for a 24 year old man.  There are many other procedures - from peels to laser tightening - that would provide at least some improvement with dramatically diminished morbidity and potential problems (such as visible scarring).  I would probably urge you to consider procedures such as those rather than a traditional facelift.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

How Young Can You Be to Have a Facelift?

+1

Facial rejuvenation is not directly related to the age of the patient, it’s more determined by laxity both by fat atrophy as well as skin laxity. This is not necessarily determined by age. However, it would be unusual in a patient under 40 to have a full face and necklift. Certainly, at a younger age there are other adjuncts including fillers and/or fat that can help re-inflate the facial area. This needs to be evaluated by an experienced plastic surgeon who has expertise in facial rejuvenation.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

How old do you need to be to have a facelift

+1

I agree with the other surgeons here who think that it is quite unusual to need a facelift at such a young age, but seeing photos would help get a better sense of things. More commonly in your age group address decreased volume may help and might be a more natural way to address your loose skin.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Facelift for a 24 year old man

+1

Although I do think that a lift in younger patients (i.e. mid to late 30s) carries a lot of benefits (i.e. long-lasting maintenance) I personally have not performed a facelift in a 24 year old. Without having seen you in person I will guess that a combination of injectables and/or skin treatments will provde a good benefit for you.

I would consult with a facial cosmetic surgeon (or two) and discuss your concerns and learn about the best options.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have performed Face Lifts for well over 20 years and even the minimally inmvasive Face Lifts rarely are required on anyone your age.  However, there are always exceptions and I'd have to see just how saggy your facial skin really is in order to  make a further evaluation.

Facelift

+1

There are many ways to address sagging facial skin.  It would be best for you to seek the consultation of a board certified specialist in the face who can help you seek the right option to achieve the results you desire.  Faces are unique and chronologic age shouldn't be the only determining factor in deciding the best solution for you.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Facelift at young age

+1

I agree with the other surgeons.  Your question absolutely requires photos at the very least.  Facelift is not based on age, but rather the anatomy.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin in a young male

+1

Progeria is an extremely rare condition which causes accelerated aging.  I hope this isn't your case.  Aging is a complex interaction between genetics and environmental factors.  Without photos, any comments are only "best guesses", however I agree with Dr. Garcia's recommendation.  Sculptra is an injectable treatment, which stimulates the patient's own collagen.  It is usually administered every 4-6weeks.  As a rule of thumb you would need a bottle for each decade of life.  The results are impressive in younger and male patients.   Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD