Ultrasound Massage for Facelift Scar Tissue

I have a face lift, after three weeks i started to develop and fibrosis or scar tissue on the right side of my cheek. Where can i get an external ultrasoudn massage?

Three weeks post facelift

+1

At three weeks post facelift the fullness you are feeling may be just small fluid collections as the skin is trying to adhere back down to the underlying soft tissue.

Ultrasonic massage after face lift surgery

+1

Dear Polencha,
It is unusual to have deep scars only three weeks after you surgery. It could be collection of fluid or old dry blood that is getting firmer. See your face lift surgeon before self treating yourself. Ultrasonic treatments are great for lumps and bumps after surgery, but with your surgeon’s permission only.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Facial massage after face lift

+1

I would first consult with your surgeon to seek his/her approval in regards to this modality and if it is acceptable 3 weeks after surgery. There are a variety of interventions ranging from manual lymphatic drainage to ultrasound therapy. Your surgeon may likely be familar with practitioners who can deliver these techniques.

Facelift fibrosis

+1

If it has only been three weeks,so I doubt it is actually fibrosis.  It may just be edema.  If it is edema, manual massage and sleeping with the head of the bed elevated may help.  If it is fibrosis, light massage or ultrasound massage may help very little in my experience, but probably won't hurt.  Keep close follow up with your physician.  There are a multitude of facelift techniques, and he or she is the only one who knows the anatomy of your procedure and will be the best with advice for your recovery. Good luck. 

Jason R. Hess, MD

Ultrasound Massage after Facelift

+1

I assume the "scarring" is deep to normal skin. I have an ultrasound machine in my office; if your surgeon does not have the equipment, ask him/her for a referral to a physical therapist.

Ultrasound massage for facelift scar tissue treatment

+1

Since you only had your facelift surgery 3 weeks ago, you should be very careful before undergoing any kind of manipulation such as external ultrasound massage to the area. Scar tissue normally softens with time and you may not need any intervention whatsoever. You should make sure to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon before seeking treatment elsewhere.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Scar tissue after Facelift

+1

It has only been 3 weeks, it is normal to feel firmness (induration) in the treated areas. Be patient and the scar tissue should improve over several months without intervention. A light massage with your fingertips on a regular basis is probably the best way to speed this along. 

Hayley Brown, MD

Scars after facelift will not be improved by ultrasound

+1

Dear Polencha,

Ultrasound will not improve the appearance of scars.  If you use ultrasound and your scars improve, it was because scars usually improve over time.  Do not waste your money on ultrasound for your scars.

Dr. Joe Rabson

Joseph Rabson, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Multiple techniques can help fibrosis.

+1

Ultrasound can usually be given by a physical therapist who has the modality.

In addition you can massage the area on your own.

There are also lasers such as the Erchonia that can help.

Fortunately if the "fibrosis " is limited, it will resolve with the healing of your other wounds and not be an issue.

Your plastic surgeon should be able to help you on the best choice of what will be most effective.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale, Fl.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue on one side 3 weeks post-op

+1

Each situation is unique and only your surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this

Sam Naficy, MD