Had Face Lift One Month Ago and Still Have Jowls

I'm one mo post op from my face lift and my jowls are descending again. At first it appeared they were gone now I'm back to a square shaped face without jaw definition. Besides making incisions around my ears he also cut a 2 inch incision under my chin to fix my neck. My neck is looking good but my face looks the same. I asked the Dr. why my jowls came back so soon and he said it was just my anatomy. Can you offer any advice?

Please send more information and pictures

+2

The results of the surgical procedures depend on the surgeon's skill,patients tissue and degree of the sagging. Your results should be compared to the pre-op pictures.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Early jowls after a facelift

+1

Hopefully what you are seeing at one month is just swelling settling down from the upper face into the jowl region.Give it all 4 months before worrying.  If they are still there, you might need to redo the cheek part, not the chin incision part.

Jowls after a facelift

+1

If you still have jowls after a facelift, then perhaps they were not treated adequately. But in any event it is a bit early and you may just be swollen.

Jowls still present after facelift

+1

I would agree that you should wait longer before making a decision. It can take a few months for things to settle. At that time, you should review your pre- and post-operative photos with your surgeon to see what improvements were made. If you are still not satisfied, you and your surgeon can come up with a plan together.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Give yourself time to heal before determining ultimate result

+1

I would agree with my colleagues that you should wait several months before making a final decision about the outcome. Having your surgeon compare your photos at that time with the pre-operative pictures will give you a more objective appreciation of your amount, or lack of, improvement.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift-necklift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jowls after Facelift

+1

Jowls are not normal anatomy. Having said that, it is impossible to evaluate your result one month post-op. Be patient for several months and then ask your surgeon what can be done if you're not satisfied with the result.