Best Facelift Method for Droopy Right Cheek?

i am 36. i had my right cheek bone lowered because it was a little bigger than the left one. thats the most regretful thing i have ever done in my whole life. now the soft tissue on my right cheek has dropped a lot to the lower part of the face, making the right cheek look at least 10 years older than the left cheek. my left cheek looks very young, at most 28. so what should i do to correct the mistake now? what kind of face lift is best for me? and i dont want to do it on my left cheek.

Droopy cheek correction.

+2

Without seeing a picture it is hard to say. It sounds like you need a cheeklift done by an experienced cheeklift surgeon. Make sure you meet with live patients the surgeon has done.

Correcting Cheek Reduction Facial Sagging in China

+2

Regarding : "Best Facelift Method for Droopy Right Cheek?
i am 36. i had my right cheek bone lowered because it was a little bigger than the left one. thats the most regretful thing i have ever done in my whole life. now the soft tissue on my right cheek has dropped a lot to the lower part of the face, making the right cheek look at least 10 years older than the left cheek. my left cheek looks very young, at most 28. so what should i do to correct the mistake now? what kind of face lift is best for me? and i dont want to do it on my left cheek. "

The soft tissues of our face are connected to the hard lining of the bones called the PERIOSTEUM. When we do complicated facial bone work, the surgery begins by peeling the periosteum off and the work is done underneath it.

Years ago it was found out that when we fixed complicated fractures of the face (by putting the bones back and holding them in place with titanium screws and plates) the patients had better facial contours after the surgery but looked older. The reason was we did not impulsively re-suspend the periosteum (and its attached facial skin structures) back to the plates or screws) thereby instantly causing aging and sagging.

I SUSPECT the same happened here. after your bone reduction your perisoteum was not re-suspended causing sagging. You MAY benefit from a subperiosteal Facelift on the affected side to lift the sagging. These facelifts are no longer commonly done, due to the swelling, but may just be the answer for your problem.

Good Luck.

Dr. Aldea

At age 36, would highly recommend you consider filler instead.

+2

Hi SC

Try not to talk yourself into a big mistake.  If you knock on enough doors someone will operate on you.  Will you achieve your "look"?  Unfortunately is is impossible to accurately advise you without photos and most likely a personal consultation.  However, I am impress with the numbers of these types of surgeries performed by hightly competent ( in many cases, world famous) surgeons that go awry.  It leads me to believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with some of our surgical paradigms.  For many relatively young people it is possible to achieve amazing results with hyaluronic acid fillers.  Yes the results are not permanent but they do last well over a year.  I think if you go with surgery, you will be disappointed with the lack of longevity of these procedures as well.

Drooping check

+1

WIthout an exam, it is difficult to say.  Just to remind you that some facial asymmetry is  normal and by changing the position of the bone, does alter the appearance of the soft tissue as well.

Droopy right cheek

+1

If the only problem is your cheek and the neck is not, I'd suggest a cheek lift with a SMAS flap rotated directly superiorly.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Droopy Cheek

+1

Ms China: A cheek lift is probably the best approach. This is the 3rd or 4th separate question I've answered today regarding your cheek. I suggest you submit pictures and ask all your questions at one time so the physicians on RealSelf can better evaluate your problem and provide more accurate recommendations.