After face lift why do I have lumps under skin, on cheeks and adam's apple and a huge painful lump on my neck?

I had lifestyle lift 8 weeks ago. I have a lump under the skin on each check and two lumps under the skin on my adam's apple. The lumps on my cheek seem to move a bit and get smaller after a nights sleep. Then they go back to size during the day. On my neck I have a very big, sore, painful, red, swollen bump that is growing with the weeks. HELP! What could it be? I am afraid to have the Lifestyle Lift doctor touch me again.

Wound Healing

+1
Many facelift doctors use sutures to pull the deeper muscle tissue in an upward and/or backward position.  The sutures can be permanent or dissolvable.  Sometimes the dissolvable sutures are designed to last up to six months so that the tissues are healed into place before the sutures dissolve.  These may be the lumps that you notices under the skin of each cheek.  An enlarging, painful red bump in the neck (or anywhere else), however, needs to be checked out.  This could represent infection, which occurs in roughly 1 percent of facelifts.  It would be wise for you to call your surgeon to get checked out soon.   Your surgeon is the best person to evaluate you since he or she knows exactly what was done and what types of sutures were used. 

Clearwater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early healing issues

+1
To be clear, I am not a LSL surgeon, but I do believe in facelifts similar to LSL (which is marketing, not a true facelift procedure).  I am suspecting that you may be having reactions to sutures placed under your skin, but it could be something else.  While they told you that you would be ok a week or 2 after surgery, it really takes 3-6 months to heal from any surgery, so some of the issues may be just in the course of healing from the surgery (which we hope is the case for you).  If it is a suture reaction (inflammation), please speak to the LSL surgeon.  Good luck with your healing.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon