Some Stitches Popped After my Facelift - Do I Need to Have Them Restitched?

I had a face lift a little over a week ago. an area above my ear 2" opened up and an area in the temple about 2" opened up. Can I have them restitched?....it's the weekend, over two days have gone by. I don't want worse scars there because I like to wear my hair up. What are some of my options?..

Opening Of Facelift Suture Line

+1
If your wound has opened immediately after a facelift - it is very important to contact your plastic surgeon immediately. If necessary it can be re-stitched. Surgeons are on call 24/7 and when not available have backup.

Open facelift wound

+1

Sometimes the wounds can be closed if brought to the surgeon's attention early.  Calling the surgeon in case of situations such as this is very reasonable even if on the weekend...he doesn't want a complication almost as much if not more than you.  I hope everything has worked out for the best. 

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sutures opened up

+1

If your incision from your facelift have opened up, I would suggest calling your surgeon weekend or not.

Sutures came loose right after surgery

+1

Dear patient, You need to call your surgeon and ask him to see you. He will determine if re-suturing is needed or not. Good luck.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Incision opened up after a facelift

+1

This is not a common occurrence and your surgeon would have wanted to see you over the weekend.  Hopefully, they have checked you by now and nothing needed to be done.  These are the things to bother your doctor over!  They are there for you...

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Separated Facelift Incision

+1

The complication you are referring to is uncommon - a 2 inch separation of the temple/above year Facelift incision a week after surgery. We usually remove most of the lesser stitches before a week passes to avoid visible dot scars but the area you refer to carries much of the upward tension of the lift. You REALLY should contact your surgeon weekend or no weekend, and have him guide you between your options.

Facelift wound opened

+1

You should contacr your plastic surgeon so he or she can evaluate your incision.  Often these wounds will close on their own, but it is not a lot of work if it needs to be restitched.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Stitches Popped after Facelift

+1

Hi,

Your surgeon can determine whether you should be restitched. It just depends on how much the skin edges have moved apart.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS