Face Too Full After Sculptra Injections

Help my face is too full after sculptra injections? I realize that this is most likely due to swelling. However most people say that once the Sulptra takes effect it is usually on par with the way they looked directly after treatment.

Please tell me i'm wrong.

Good news: you are wrong!

+2

The immediate fullness is from the sterile water the PLLA is mixed in. PLLA (Sculptra) done over several sessions, several vials, and several months, stimulates a collagen response that results in increased dermal volume that improves gaunt, thin, tired faces. The results you see after about 6 months do last 24 months.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Not to worry!

+2

I train for Sculptra and have done injections for almost six years. I have never heard of anyone being too full after the Sculptra settles in. You almost certainly have swelling due to the material and its dilution.

Very few patients will achieve what they are looking for with one injection session so I would anticipate that your early effect will settle out very well.

Dr. Mayl

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and immediate swelling

+1
Sculptra is a water based injection and it is totally normal to be swollen immediately after the injection.  Full correction usually takes three treatments scheduled 4 to 6 weeks apart.  Please massage the treated area five times a day for five minutes for five days.  In a few days your skin will look completely normal.  It takes weeks to months to see the effect of the Sculptra injections.

Michele S. Green, MD

Sculptra

+1

It is completely normal for there to be swelling immediately after Sculptra injections.  I would encourage you to massage the areas five times a day, five minutes each time, for the next five days.

Sam Naficy, MD

Sculptra swelling right after injection is normal

+1
Sculptra (poly-L-lactic acid) is meant to bring about an inflammatory process to induce collagen formation for subsequent several weeks. Initial swelling is normal and to be expected. The key is to vigorously massage by the aesthetic physician injector so that the complexion can be expertly and artistically sculpted. The initial swelling with appropriate massage can provide good hint of where you want to be when the new collagen formation is completed after series of 3 Sculptra injections, 6 weeks apart.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra results take a few weeks to settlte

+1

I would not worry yet. It takes a few weeks for the swelling to subside and the reaction of the tissues to the Sculptra to take place. After 4 weeks dilute steroid injection can help remodel the results but hold tight.

Andrew Jacono, MD

Sculptra volume

+1

The volume achieved by Sculptra cannot always be directly correlated to the appearance immediately after treatment due to the variablility in the healing process and fibrotic response..