How Do I Get Rid of My Double Chin? (photo)

I am skinny, basically size 6 but my face is so fat that it makes me look fat while sitting. what kind of procedure will work to make it look smaller and have the double chin go away ?

Liposuction For Double Chin

+2

I think simple neck liposuction will make a big difference, with or without a chin implant. I would look at some computer imaging to see the results of liposuction done alone and combined with chin augmentation.

Treatment of double chin

+2

From your pictures, it appears that your neck could be improved with liposuction.  This would remove some of the fat which would reduce the fullness and give your neck more definition.  The other procedure that could also help would be chin augmentation (placing a chin implant), to balance your face a little more.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction for Double Chin

+1

Chin liposuction in your case may be a very reasonable treatment option, but an exam would be necessary to determine if you have supraplatysmal fat amenable to liposuction.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin Liposuction

+1
For some people iposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. I think you could be an excellent candidate for this procedure. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Improving the appearance of a double chin

+1

From your photos, it appears you would benefit from liposuction of the chin/neck area. In addition, a small chin implant would help increase projection and further improve the appearance of your profile.  From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who uses computer imaging software. They will be able to morph a photo and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I think you would be really happy with the outcome. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

How to get rid of double chin

+1

The double chin is best addressed by a combination of a small chin implant and simple liposuction in the neck.  The incision underneath the chin is approximately ½ inch in length where by the implant is placed directly over the bone underneath the periosteum.  Liposuction in the neck is performed with a small cannula and this will help with the double chin area.  Both chin implant and liposuction procedures can be done together in an ambulatory surgery setting.