Why is my Face Changing and What Can I Do to Get It Back to the Way It Was?

In the past month my face seems to have begun to sag. My jawline is less prominent (and rounded)and my cheek bones also look less prominent. I'm only 21, so this is very surprising to me. My cheeks also seem to have a more bulging appearance than before and my smile is slightly crooked. Any ideas on why this could be happening? For a while i had some facial numbness, tightness and it was hard for me to smile, but that only lasted for about a week. I'm confused as to why this is happening..

Face changing in a 21 year old.

+1

You need to see your family physician to determine if you have an underlying cause for the changes you describe. There is no need for any surgery for this.

? Causes for Facial Sagging in an attractive 21 year old woman

+1

Regarding: "Why is my Face Changing and What Can I Do to Get It Back to the Way It Was?

In the past month my face seems to have begun to sag. My jawline is less prominent (and rounded)and my cheek bones also look less prominent. I'm only 21, so this is very surprising to me. My cheeks also seem to have a more bulging appearance than before and my smile is slightly crooked. Any ideas on why this could be happening? For a while i had some facial numbness, tightness and it was hard for me to smile, but that only lasted for about a week. I'm confused as to why this is happening
.."

It is hard to impossible for young people to understand that aging is an ongoing process. We usually age in spurts and you MAY be witnessing this phenomenon. That being said, you also give a history which may be compatible with a mild case of Bell's Palsy. This is usually seen after a flue or cold.

To make sure that nothing else is going on, I would get this and your thyroid hormone levels checked. If they are normal, you are doing great but aging. Here's wishing you MANY more years of aging.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Facial Changes in 21 Year Old Woman

+1

Hi NH,

You should have a physical exam with your general physician to address your concerns.  Your blood should be checked and your hormone levels (thyroid, etc.) checked as well.  You are very pretty and do not need any facial cosmetic surgery or treatments at this point.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P