Face Bra or Face Lift Compression Garment?

Do you think that wearing a face-lift compression garment (or a face-bra as someone calls it) while you sleep can be beneficial to tighten up facial contours or at least to avoid/minimize sagging? Even if you haven't had a face-lift? Where can I buy a good one? The 1st time I heard about a "face bra" was from a doctor who highly recommended it to those who run/jog a lot, because the skin of the face is subjected to several micro-traumas while you run. This is also the reasoning behind sport bras

Preventing Facial Sagging

There are many new and innovative, nonsurgical strategies coming to market to refresh and rejuvenative.  Unfortunately, the Face Bra is not a product that I can endorse.  The experts on this forum base recommendations on experience, evidence based medicine, and results.  I do not believe this product measures up to any of these standards.  

I would suggest focusing your resources on the many other treatments which are economical and proven to work.  For someone in Malibu, California the first and most important therapy is prevention.  Without equal, excess sun exposure is the most important cause of premature aging.  Using sunscreen everyday and limiting sun exposure will help keep your skin healthy and minimize premature sagging.   

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Bra to prevent facial sagging?

I am sorry to have to tell you this, but can you say "VooooDoooo"?  There certainly is no science behind the concept of a face bra. Your face is not your breast. Depending on your breast size, a good sports bra can be very helpful in preventing your breast from going south with regular running. I think the sagging changes one might see in the face of those who run/jog a lot has much more to do with the loss of facial fat volume in those who are lean - like runners.

I used to use compression bandages and elastic garments after facelifts, but discontinued the practice years ago. They are uncomfortable. They do not prevent swelling and as they get tighter when swelling does occur, they can cause unwanted creases and abrasions of the skin, with a worst case scenario of skin necrosis. I think they have some value for early facial liposuction in contouring the tissues, but this does not carry the same risks of a facelift    

No Data To Support The Face Bra

The facelift compression garment has been promoted as a device that has the potential to minimize facial aging. In theory this device provides support for facial soft tissues at night and while patients are participating in various physical activities. In theory, this results in a decreased incidence of skin sag over time.
Unfortunately, there’s no scientific data to suggest that the face bra has any clinical validity. If you’re serious about combating the effects of facial aging, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to make recommendations that will help you maintain a youthful appearance for as long as possible.

Does Face Bra Help an Aging Face?

There is no scientific studies supporting the idea of facial garments such as " facial bra" would prevent or delay facial aging process. However, it is important to wear these garments post surgery for a week. Do not believe whatever you see on TV, there are many products for aging face that are sold on TV or suggested that have no scientific bases on their applications.

Kevin Sadati, DO

There is no valid scientific evidence that a garment like this will delay or reverse facial aging. "If it sound too good to be true, it usually is".

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Facial Compression Garments

Using the facial compression garments to prevent facial sagging has not been studied.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Face Bra or Face Lift Compression Garmen

I do not think it will do much for preventing the sagging.  If you have ever seen video of someone running, you will see the up and down motion of the tissue of the face, that is what causes the tissues to fall sooner, and that is why a facelift result in a runner will likely last less time than in someone that does not do impact sports.

Julio Garcia, MD

The face bra? Really?

I agree with others that this is not likely a solution to delay facial aging not to mention that it would be a comical way to go about your daily business

Sam Naficy, MD

Is a face bra effective?

There is no scientific evidence that a face bra will improve or reverse the process of aging. The best thing that you can do to prevent aging in the face is to take good care of your skin by using sunscreen on a daily basis, eating healthy, maintaining a healthy weight, and avoiding smoking. If you already have signs of laxity in the neck and jowling in the face the most effective option is a facelift.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial compression and facial bras will not prevent aging

This is my opinion. There is also no science on this idea. Rejuvenation takes work and recovery. Facelifts, fillers, fat injections, and other unique and exciting new ways to volumize your face are out there for you to explore.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon