My Face is Asymmetric and Ugly. Is It Just my Nose? Or More?

I know that if I got a nose job it would bring out my other features. But I feel like my whole face is messed up. Like my eyes and eyebrows are uneven and my jaw and mouth is weird. Will a nose job help things look more proportioned? Or do I need a lot more done?? There's a difference in my right side and left side. When I see myself in the mirror I think I'm okay but in pictures and video I'm like a monster! What should I do?!?

Too critical for surgery?

+5

As the others have said, more photos would need to be seen to really evaluate you but you do have a pretty face, nice features and are certainly NOT a monster.  You are being far too hard on yourself and your self critical nature is a warning sign that you are probably not a good candidate for cosmetic surgery at this point because you need to "like yourself" before surgery and then you can fully appreciate the changes something like a rhinoplasty can give you.  You might need to seek some professional counseling before doing any surgery to be in the right place for the best results.  Good luck and be kind to yourself please!

Ugly?

+2

First of all, you are not ugly.  Second of all, you would need to post more pictures from various angles for us to comment on the symmetry of your face and make recommendations on procedures.  Most people could use a little refining of their nose, so you are not alone.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Asymmetric face.

+2

Everyone has some facial asymmetry. You are not ugly! You are actually attractive. Nasal surgery may give you a much more balanced face a prettier nose. It will not correct feelings of low self esteem. You may wish to see a psychologist to help you in your decision. If you decide to have your nose done realize that it is never "perfect".

Unhappy with nose

+1

First, you have very attractive feastures. Plstic surgery can improve on some things.   everyone has some facial asymmetry and this is normal.  As for you nose, if there are some imperfections that you are bothered by, these may improved.  I recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon if you  are interested.

Facial analysis before cosmetic surgery

+1

There is no such thing as perfect left right symmetry in nature. Although a rhinoplasty may or may not benefit you (it is difficult to tell from your photo) your concerns with multiple other areas and different impressions when you see your self in the mirror vs. video/photos is a red flag against having surgery. Given your current state of mind it is highly likely you will not be happy with any surgery no matter how well it is performed. That could lead to many problems down the road such as way too much surgery. You need to proceed slowly and have a BDD specialist work together with you and your surgeon.

Aaron Stone, MD